Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

On 8/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, Sturgeon said:

Didn't you vote for Clinton?

Begrudingly, yes.  What's that have to do with anything?  

Do the Clinton's have control and access and control over federal jails?  No.  That's actually Trump and his AJ Bill Barr.

Anyhow, the simplest answer may the correct one, which is that this happened as a result of lazy work by the prison guards and Epstein's desire to commit suicide.  

"The two guards that were at the Special Housing Unit where Epstein was housed, were both on overtime. One officer was working a mandatory overtime shift. The other officer was working his fifth overtime shift of the week, a single source familiar with the matter told ABC News. This was first reported by CNN."

1 hour ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Begrudingly, yes.  What's that have to do with anything?  

Do the Clinton's have control and access and control over federal jails?  No.  That's actually Trump and his AJ Bill Barr.

Because the Clinton's or any of the other well connected, highly influential, and mega wealthy people that Jeff might have dirt on don't have any strings they could pull or threats they could make that could have could have possibly gotten someone in there to tie up a loose end that posed an immediate threat to them.

So, by pointing out that Trump and Barr are the ones currently in the charge, are you suggesting that they engaged in some foul play to shut Jeff up? Because it sounds like you are suggesting that in such a way that you can later technically deny suggesting it.

51 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

Unredacted Comey memos soon?

We all know he was a total scumbag at this point, but more proof is always nice. Maybe with a little more public outcry AG Barr will go after him. 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, Ulric said:

Because the Clinton's or any of the other well connected, highly influential, and mega wealthy people that Jeff might have dirt on don't have any strings they could pull or threats they could make that could have could have possibly gotten someone in there to tie up a loose end that posed an immediate threat to them.

So, by pointing out that Trump and Barr are the ones currently in the charge, are you suggesting that they engaged in some foul play to shut Jeff up? Because it sounds like you are suggesting that in such a way that you can later technically deny suggesting it.

I'm just saying that making a conspiracy theory that Trump did it is just as plausible as saying Clinton did it.  None of us know all the facts.  

6 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

giphy.gif

Recently all your responses are meaningless memes or images. Not impressed.

Anyhow, you apparently have more information that the President himself, who finally admitted that "he had no idea" if the Clinton's were somehow involved in Epstein's demise.

Asked Tuesday if he actually believed the Clintons had anything to do with Epstein’s demise, Trump answered: “I have no idea.”

But apparently you are so married to your conspiracy theory, you can't tolerate someone making the rather obvious observation that none of us know for sure.  

25 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I agree; no sources or much of an argument, but that doesn’t mean Sturg is wrong. 

If I may reference Crowder’s video: 

1. Trump kicked out Epstein from one of his establishments because Epstein tried to accost an underage girl. 

2. Trump did take a trip to Epstein’s weirdo island, and (as stated by one of the girls) was appalled by the whole thing, and didn’t participate with everyone else. Conversely, Billy Clinton took 8 or so trips to the island... and I don’t think it was for the margaritas... 

So, unless Trump really hated Epstein and couldn’t stand him to be alive, the arrows are pointing in other directions, to other culprits who Epstein had a better relationship with. One of those arrows goes towards the Clintons (who have had a lot of strange ‘conveniences’ when they’re being investigated), but I will admit it could be any of the other well connected politicians, movie stars, billionaires, etc. that are also caught up in this. 

7 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Ah, shall we talk about how not impressed I am with your posting?

Maybe you receive nothing but memes because that's the extent to which I'm willing to engage with you on this subject at this time.

7 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Anyhow, you apparently have more information that the President himself

See? This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Engaging with you is like talking to some sort of insane parrot with dementia. I said nothing about having information. I highlighted how you said it was "just as plausible" that Trump as the Clintons did it. That's wrong by any objective measure of plausible. But regardless of how you argue that, saying it's wrong that it's just as plausible makes no claim whatsoever to any kind of special information that no one else has. Didn't stop you from leaping on it in a predictable way, though.

Every time I engage with you it's like this. You act as though you're talking to someone who is saying something completely different to what they are actually saying. You ignore the actual statements or claims, and address fabricated arguments they never made. Presumably it's because this is much easier for you than to directly address what they really said.

So, I give you a very simple statement. "Wrong". It can be expressed as a meme. The meaning is clear (far from meaningless!) - I think you're wrong about the equivalent plausibility of both theories. Yet even that you can't handle. You start making wild claims that I am positioning myself as having insider information or some such bullshit. It's impossible to engage with someone who acts like this. It's not a good faith discussion, and it never can be as long as the play is made this way. I advise you to stop doing it, but I think that will fall on deaf ears.

7 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

We had that, and it was "racist".

Yeah, I saw that a few pages back. I wouldn't describe what discourse that was happening in that way though. Might as well just keep talking about conspiracy theories. 

1 minute ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

Yeah, I saw that a few pages back. I wouldn't describe what discourse that was happening in that way though. Might as well just keep talking about conspiracy theories. 

You wouldn't describe it as "racist" or as complex and nuanced?

I'm not sure how complex and nuanced it can be when one side basically just screeches "The President is a secret Russian agent racist who dogwhistles to the KKK!" It's ridiculous that I have to sit here and entertain these people as if they have real political opinions and not flat-earther-class derangements.

2 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

You wouldn't describe it as "racist" or as complex and nuanced?

I'm not sure how complex and nuanced it can be when one side basically just screeches "The President is a secret Russian agent racist who dogwhistles to the KKK!" It's ridiculous that I have to sit here and entertain these people as if they have real political opinions and not flat-earther-class derangements.

Well, the Russian-Trump thing is a conspiracy theory, so that seems to fit the recent trend of this thread. 

The racism thing is more nuanced and there is a burden on those who call Trump (and others) a racist to describe what that means. I don't have access to the thoughts of our president, but there's a series of things that he's said or done (1970s housing suit, CP5 death penalty advocate, & Obama birtherism as examples from the pre-2016 Trump) that can reasonably lead one to think that he's racist in some degree (I don't think any serious person is saying that Trump is Jefferson Davis or Hitler). To just ignore that because people overuse the word "racist" is pretty juvenile and unnuanced. 

This isn't anything new either. Strom Thurmond, who I would describe as racist, didn't see himself as racist (and neither did most his supporters at the time).

1 minute ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

Well, the Russian-Trump thing is a conspiracy theory, so that seems to fit the recent trend of this thread. 

Every conspiracy theory (false or not) starts with a kernel of truth.

In the words of Stephen Crowder, in this case the kernel of truth is PEDOPHILE ISLAND.

Of course people think it's fishy.

2 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

The racism thing is more nuanced and there is a burden on those who call Trump (and others) a racist to describe what that means.

And to prove it.

2 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

I don't have access to the thoughts of our president, but there's a series of things that he's said or done (1970s housing suit, CP5 death penalty advocate, & Obama birtherism as examples from the pre-2016 Trump) that can reasonably lead one to think that he's racist in some degree

Those and other things always get paraded around, but none of them hold up to real scrutiny. Obama birtherism is the most hilarious example, because that's only racist in the eyes of Leftists. You can be white and not born in this country, and basically every African-American alive was born in the US. Birtherism is foolish and I'm glad Trump dropped it. But racist? Not intrinsically. I know of racists who were birthers but the proof they were racists was the racist shit they were doing and saying, not the fact that they wanted to see the President's birth certificate.

6 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

I don't think any serious person is saying that Trump is Jefferson Davis or Hitler

Ahahahahahah I can think of a bunch.

6 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

To just ignore that because people overuse the word "racist" is pretty juvenile and unnuanced. 

So, explain for me how saying this is not just a way to slide "anyone who disagrees with me is juvenile and unnuanced" under the door? I ask honestly. Because to me, it's obvious that the people here don't ignore these things because they're deaf to calls of racism, they're ignoring them because they've determined they are not signs of racism. Wouldn't it be more genuine to tackle that angle?

8 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

This isn't anything new either. Strom Thurmond, who I would describe as racist, didn't see himself as racist (and neither did most his supporters at the time).

Well yes but right this second it seems like you'd call Trump a racist and I wouldn't, so clearly our criteria are massively different.

Again. Trump was given awards by Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Push coalition and was toasted by most living Civil Rights leaders in the 1980s and 1990s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1WIWrvjyq8

Trump was bashed by National Review, Ben Shapiro, and other #NeverTrump Republicans in 2015-16 for being TOO chummy with the likes of Jackson and Al Sharpton. This isn’t ancient history despite Google and the Media memory-holin it.

He left and repudiated the Reform Party in 2000 when David Duke - and Pat Buchanan- joined and gained too much prominence in it.

So no, Trump’s not a Nazi. Trump’s not a racist. And neither are 99.999 percent of his supporters. They’re just sick and tired of fighting the same old lie because the only argument the Left has is to call everyone who disagrees with them Hitler.

Hence the use of memes.

3 minutes ago, Donward said:

Hence the use of memes.

It's almost like if your only argument is to call people racist (which is everyone in The Wrong Party) then people stop trying to engage you seriously.

I'm also really tired of this left-wing shit test thing where people put on their fucking Stasi uniforms and try to find out if you have "acceptable" views or not. Like, fuck off. I don't have anything to prove to you.

24 minutes ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

The racism thing is more nuanced and there is a burden on those who call Trump (and others) a racist to describe what that means. I don't have access(I don't think any serious person is saying that Trump is Jefferson Davis or Hitler).

I mean, MSNBC, CNN, most of the Democratic Presidential candidates, multiple DNC Senators, Congressmen, Governors, AGs, billionaires, and Hollywood celebrities and corporate CEOs have called Trump a racist, white nationalist, bigot, a Nazi who wants concentration camps.

These aren’t random shitters on the Chans posting anonymously and working as a warehouse associate.

These are the very Establishment power brokers who run the country, engaged in TDS to an irrational level.