Sturgeon's House
T___A

US Politics Thread: Year 2 of 1000 of the TrumpenReich

4 hours ago, Meplat said:

I'm sure Clinton never had to deal with such nonsense. Oh wait. He didn't.  He did what the fuck he wanted and got away, scot free.

I suspect that as an experienced politician and lawyer, Clinton had a much better understanding of what was legal and what wasn't.  By no means am I saying that Clinton was ethical, just that he understood how the system worked from a legal standpoint.

7 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

-The headline implies Trump knowingly tries to break the law while the actual quote is Tillerson telling Trump the legal status of whatever the given topic was.

-I appreciate the roundabout acknowledgement of media bias.

-But you are perfectly fine with juvenile insults from any level of professional as long as they are directed at the office of the President?

All media has bias.  That's a given.  That said, some sources have more egregious levels of bias than others.

As to juvenile insults aimed at the President, that's a long standing American tradition from both sides of the aisle.  That said, I would not call Tillerson's comments "juvenile insults."  They were his honest impressions of the President.  That they happen to be rather critical does not make them insults.  

9 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I suspect that as an experienced politician and lawyer, Clinton had a much better understanding of what was legal and what wasn't.  By no means am I saying that Clinton was ethical, just that he understood how the system worked from a legal standpoint.

And that makes it better, how?

Personally, I don't know why everyone is making fun of Mike Pence for looking asleep in the recent meeting with Trump and the Democratic leadership.  If I were stuck in a room with Donald Trump, Nanci Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, I would probably be doing the exact same thing as Pence.  

trumpdonald_pelosinancy_121118getty.jpg

That the Left and the Press would think that Jared Kushner was an actual candidate for the WH Chief of Staff says more about the underwear-on-head retardation of those entities than anything else.

As punishment, I'm linking the Breitbart article on Trump picking Mick Mulvaney as Kelly's replacement.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/14/president-donald-trump-announces-mick-mulvaney-acting-chief-of-staff/

38 minutes ago, Donward said:

That the Left and the Press would think that Jared Kushner was an actual candidate for the WH Chief of Staff says more about the underwear-on-head retardation of those entities than anything else.

As punishment, I'm linking the Breitbart article on Trump picking Mick Mulvaney as Kelly's replacement.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/14/president-donald-trump-announces-mick-mulvaney-acting-chief-of-staff/

Holy crap. They really need a good copy editor over there.

3 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

Holy crap. They really need a good copy editor over there.

Breitbart?

Yeah. They're shit.

But most news sites can't afford to hire a copy editor or even have an editor who will read a story before it's posted.

1 minute ago, Donward said:

Breitbart?

Yeah. They're shit.

But most news sites can't afford to hire a copy editor or even have an editor who will read a story before it's posted.

Also, to be fair, Brietbart also has an article about Kushner being a candidate for COS.

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/12/14/gaetz-my-informed-guess-is-kushner-will-be-next-chief-of-staff/

Good thing this is a work computer. Wouldn't want that much pollution from clicking on BB on my own rig.

11 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

This is the best ya got?  The State department shared classified information with people who are legally allowed to view classified information.  Not sure what the issue is here.