Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

US/Iran flirting with quagmire thred.

Belesarius

6 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Is this really an insult, though? Half of America calls Trump a retard anyway; I don’t think some Middle East shithole’s opinion makes a big difference. 

I find it interesting the way Iran has dealt with Trump compared to the North Koreans. I assume this spawns from North Korea being a pariah even with their relations to China and Iran having to keep its status as an anti-American(&Saudi/Israeli) bulwark in the region. I’m starting to doubt Trump will be able to deal with the Iranians as long as the status quo in Iran and in the Middle East continues.

All I know is whatever Trump’s actions will be, he’ll be criticized for it by the Orange Man Bad crowd.

Even if it means they have to assume to polar opposite opinions in the same day.

(My only news on this til right now has been via NPR rebroadcasted on our rural Alaska AM station on the newscasters could have made pretzels with their logic had they added oil, salt, and mustard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No , but the drone footage was claimed to be from 2017 by folks negating Irans claim that drone was not downed .  What could iran present to refute the claim? 2 hours of footage?

Only thing you have is unsubstantiated claim of a shootdown. For all we know LMADIS is a total and absolute dud and we are just being feed bunch of PR fairy tales . There sure is a flood of articles about LMADIS  on basicaly hearsay and no evidence to back it up.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, Toxn said:

I get the impression that the Iranians are doing this to put pressure on the Europeans for some sort of sanction relief.

Chances are low, unfortunately.

It isn't about "sanction relief". It is about the P3 holding its part of the bargain, which they(UK/France/Germany) claim is possible. While in reality, on this issue, Europe is showing to be beyond powerless and in the case of the UK complicit to further deteriorating the situation for Iran. 

The tanker situation has nothing to do with the JCPOA though. It is an IRGC classic. This is just to show they mean business. Tit for Tat. Grace 1 was detained for its alleged future violation of the Syrian Sanctions, not the JCPOA. 

It's one of the very convoluted and borderline/illegal actions that are flying around these days.