Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The terrible movies and reviews thread

Toxn

I feel like there are a lot of things you can make fun of libertarians for, and that they missed most of them.

Also, the Ron Paul editorial scandal never resulted in him saying he wrote those articles. So what they're lampooning didn't actually happen.

Well Reason is making fun of their own ideology and they probably know the scandal wasn't a big deal.  

Getting this thing slightly turned back around, I have long ago become not only tired and bored with but now am actively antagonistic towards TV shows and movies that have size petite models who weigh maybe 105 pounds beating the crap out of supposedly trained male mercenaries and wrestlers or generic attackers.

I can give a long list of movies and TV shows where this occurs but - fuck it - you guys all know the ones. We've seen it hundreds of times. And the result is the same where the lithesome female does some bullshit kung-fu move, flips and tosses around 200 pound men, punches them and knocks them out cold. 

Mass and physics matter. If you find yourself watching boxing matches, there is a reason why you don't see a lot of knockouts in women's boxing or - for that matter - lightweight or featherweight men's matches. Sadly, with the growing number of women's empowerment entertainment coming out, the number of times where we get to watch Navy SEAL trained henchmen being tossed around like ragdolls by size-0 actresses will likely continue.

Well Reason is making fun of their own ideology and they probably know the scandal wasn't a big deal.

Oh wow, I am dumb. I thought the "Reason TV" logo at the end was a punchline, not actually who made it. Good on them for having a sense of humor about themselves, but it still didn't make me laugh much.

Getting this thing slightly turned back around, I have long ago become not only tired and bored with but now am actively antagonistic towards TV shows and movies that have size petite models who weigh maybe 105 pounds beating the crap out of supposedly trained male mercenaries and wrestlers or generic attackers.

I can give a long list of movies and TV shows where this occurs but - fuck it - you guys all know the ones. We've seen it hundreds of times. And the result is the same where the lithesome female does some bullshit kung-fu move, flips and tosses around 200 pound men, punches them and knocks them out cold.

Mass and physics matter. If you find yourself watching boxing matches, there is a reason why you don't see a lot of knockouts in women's boxing or - for that matter - lightweight or featherweight men's matches. Sadly, with the growing number of women's empowerment entertainment coming out, the number of times where we get to watch Navy SEAL trained henchmen being tossed around like ragdolls by size-0 actresses will likely continue.

Ah yes, the Joss Whedon Conceit...

Well, at this point im more violently disgusted with every fucking TV show on right now being some mellowdramtic version of LOST (a show with drama that only expands in scope, without keeping your interest, that never seems to fucking end) but without any likable characters

Fringe pulled this off, but even that got too complicated for its own good, but fuck me, every show on TV now feel's like Lost without the Hurley's or Sawyer's to make them watchable

Im now SJW but seing the same looking confused gruffled 30 something sweaty white male whisk his way out of everything time and time again gets boring after awhile, espically if the show feels the need to get more depressing every epsiode 

Maybe im just pissed at "The leftovers" show, but alot of television is guilty of being this fucking over-dramatic boring bullshit

Try getting through 1 season of the Man in the High Castle without heroin in your vains, you cant do it

it feels like nothing is meant to happen in teleivsion anymore, just so they can write in more and more and more sequals, its the biggest case of blue-ball's ive seen since my TV told me Goberchauv was arrested and the USSR was going to get back together

I dont know, maybe im just pissed off that ive finished Fargo 

The issue has been around far longer than Joss Whedon. But yeah, the Avengers and Marvel Universe bullshit is a prime culprit. 

Well, its a woman with zero superpowers, other than being a martial arts master she has nothing else to do but inspire cosplayers 

The alternative (actually having to find a few tall muscular ladies instead of using underfed waifs) seems to make Hollywood freak out badly.

So expect more of the same.

A lesser, but related, issue is that Hollywood seems determined to cast men who have the gym rat look rather than anything approaching a real fighter's physique.

Oh, and the swordplay is bullshit.

And the gunplay is bullshit.

And nobody seems interested in showing aerial combat properly.

And nobody uses tactics/strategy.

And the science is bullshit.

And the maths is bullshit.

And nobody knows how legal or police procedure works.

And people drive like idiots.

And...

I appreciate that they put the modicum of thought into the film's plot to have the humans preparing for the invasion for the past 20 years.

It's sort of like when you get one of those Andes chocolate mints at the end of a meal of terrible, anus-destroying Chinese food.

The plot twist will be that the aliens haven't done any serious military R&D in 20 years; outrageous spending on the Joint Littoral Mothership aside, and that their deadliest weapon is contagious, crippling bureaucracy.

So, even with all that technology recovered from alien spacecraft, that's the best we could come up with in 20 years?

Also, Fast and Furious - Starships just makes me mad. 

You think two films, or since its was JJ, releasing the same films twice would of given them enough money to belay the Lobotomy Gene Roddenberry by alteast a few more years