5. That_Baka

That_Baka

6. Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

7. EnsignExpendable

EnsignExpendable

• Similar Content

• By sevich
      I realize that sandbags provide little to no armor protection, but soldiers still used them on tanks. Would they mitigate the effects of HE warheads, or the blastwave of HEAT warheads?
    • By Walter_Sobchak
      This is a must watch for all Sherman tank fans.  

• By Walter_Sobchak
      This thread is where to post all the stupid and annoying tank myths that fail to go away.  We shall start with two pointed out by Marsh over in the Swedish tank thread.

1. The S-Tank was designed as a tank destroyer or as a tank only fit for just defensive missions.   2. The Merkava was designed for asymmetric combat in an urban environment, rather than full scale armour versus armour battle.     I will add a few:   Any tank suspension without return rollers is a "Christie" suspension.  In particular, T-55 and T-62,   HEAT munitions create a molten jet that "burns" its way through armor.    The French 75mm gun on the AMX 13 is a copy of the German KwK 42        
    • By Sturgeon
      I am not the person who needs to make this post, but it needs to be made.

The Sherman has received a highly negative reputation in the post-war era, despite being an advanced and effective combat element. This thread is for brushing aside the fog of confusion and setting the record straight.