Sturgeon's House
Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

The M4 Sherman Tank Epic Information Thread.. (work in progress)

22196351_1355732777889844_59652532498574

A M5 Light Tank and a M4 Medium Tank from the US 755th Tank Battalion (attached to the 3rd Regiment of ‘Tirailleur Algériens’) pose near the center of the small Italian town of Coreno Ausonio, which they had occupied one hour before. Gustav Line, Italy, afternoon of May 14, 1944. - WWII Colorized Photos.

11 hours ago, Belesarius said:

A M5 Light Tank and a M4 Medium Tank from the US 755th Tank Battalion (attached to the 3rd Regiment of ‘Tirailleur Algériens’) pose near the center of the small Italian town of Coreno Ausonio, which they had occupied one hour before. Gustav Line, Italy, afternoon of May 14, 1944. - WWII Colorized Photos.

Looks like an early Baldwin, though Baldwin never dropped the DV ports... Even on the 1944 production M4s they made.  That tank probably has an intersting history considering how old it was in 44.  Colorisering is getting really good is it done by hand or a program? 

1 hour ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Looks like an early Baldwin, though Baldwin never dropped the DV ports... Even on the 1944 production M4s they made.  That tank probably has an intersting history considering how old it was in 44.  Colorisering is getting really good is it done by hand or a program? 

All I'm going to say is that there are some pretty talented people colorizing photos in that group.

@Jeeps_Guns_Tanks  Thought this might be of interest:  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006939-m3m4-medium-tank-stgb/

It's BM's first all armour GB and I'm hosting it.....If any of the modellers here fancy joining in you would be very welcome.

I've linked this thread as a source for references.

Join up on BM and sign up for the GB, as I said, you would be very welcome (it's a sociable sort of place and much more cosmopolitan than the name implies).....I pretty much guarantee someone will either have a spare set of the tracks you need, or will be able to point you toward what you need as an aftermarket product.

I'll sign up at the forum, but I don't have the space to build right now, it should be fun to watch though. 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:46 PM, Belesarius said: