Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The M4 Sherman Tank Epic Information Thread.. (work in progress)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 2:47 PM, EnsignExpendable said:

Pasholok says that the counterweight was found inside the tank when it was recovered, that is why it was attached.

That's interesting, I wonder if the tank had an M2, then had an M3 put in and they just tossed the counterweight inside and shipped it to the USSR?    

The M3 in the parade is the same M3 that was recovered from the ocean?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Walter_Sobchak said:

This video is not specifically about the Sherman, but considering who is giving the lecture, I figured I would post it here.

This was pretty good. There was a very amusing wehraboo question about the first assault weapons, and how could the US Army deal with such superweapons right at the end. The person asking the question is super annoying. 

10 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

That's interesting, I wonder if the tank had an M2, then had an M3 put in and they just tossed the counterweight inside and shipped it to the USSR?    

The M3 in the parade is the same M3 that was recovered from the ocean?

Yes it's the same one, but the bogeys and tracks had rotted away completely so they were replaced. That is why the wheels are wrong for the M3.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:22 AM, EnsignExpendable said:

Yes it's the same one, but the bogeys and tracks had rotted away completely so they were replaced. That is why the wheels are wrong for the M3.

So do the Russians have some dank old warehouse, in the back corner of some old base that has Sherman tracks and suspensions, and motors just sitting in crates?   Are they running the proper motors or have they found something more modern they can slap in? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...