Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

"Pigs" Have A Hard Job

Fucking lol Toronto Police want to arm beat cops with semiauto AR-15 clones. Because chucklefucks that can't put 9/9 shots into a teenager on the ground with a crippled spine need something with more penetration apparently.

as much as i like to defend cops, or just thugs in general. im not surpised, big city cops are the worst and its the reason why i avoid Moscow like a plague

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I am interested in is the doctrine and training of British police officers. It's pretty well-known that British police have a much lower fatality rate than American police officers do, which is a good thing, but I'm very curious about the additional context for both. For example, the article linked points out that the US has a much higher homicide rate, which maybe is a clue that US police officers have to carry firearms to do their jobs, whereas British bobbies do not.

Another thing I wonder about is the density of British police officers. I've seen footage of incidents in the UK where a violent armed person is confronted by two police officers, and then swarmed by 10-20 more and restrained. Those may be exceptions rather than the rule, but I remember thinking "where in Sam Hell did they get all the spare dudes?" There is also a feeling expressed by some UK residents that "stopping crime is the police's job" or "the police will protect you", which is ludicrous to an American, as the police aren't anywhere near that ever-present. Now, maybe that's just a difference in cultural attitude, but it's also the sort of sentiment I'd expect to hear from a society with an officer on every corner. Just looking at the numbers, though, it doesn't seem like there is an especially higher ratio of police to population in Britain than in the US... Maybe our police forces are deployed less efficiently?

I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Another thing I wonder about is the density of British police officers. I've seen footage of incidents in the UK where a violent armed person is confronted by two police officers, and then swarmed by 10-20 more and restrained. Those may be exceptions rather than the rule, but I remember thinking "where in Sam Hell did they get all the spare dudes?" There is also a feeling expressed by some UK residents that "stopping crime is the police's job" or "the police will protect you", which is ludicrous to an American, as the police aren't anywhere near that ever-present. Now, maybe that's just a difference in cultural attitude, but it's also the sort of sentiment I'd expect to hear from a society with an officer on every corner. Just looking at the numbers, though, it doesn't seem like there is an especially higher ratio of police to population in Britain than in the US... Maybe our police forces are deployed less efficiently?

Population density jumps straight to mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be flippant but probably the worst first day on the job ever.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/virginia-police-officer-killed-day-sworn-army-sergeant/story?id=37253791

I'll always defer to actual police officers but from the handful of ride-alongs that I've done, police dealing with domestic violence disputes is probably the hardest part of the job IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

More evidence for mandatory body cams at all times for Police officers. Protects them, protects the public, and can be used as a training video for best practices and how not to respond.

Also, totally sounds like suicide by cop.

Hard to argue with that. Being a cop means upholding a higher standard. I'm definitely not one of those people who thinks we should crucify cops when they screw up, but the job's bigger than each individual person, and it deserves close scrutiny.

Hard to argue with that. Being a cop means upholding a higher standard. I'm definitely not one of those people who thinks we should crucify cops when they screw up, but the job's bigger than each individual person, and it deserves close scrutiny.

Honest screw ups?  Yeah, fine.  The job is tough.

Abuse of power?  Throw the fucking book at them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

#REMOVEFURRY!!!

#TIEDWAZRITE2016!!!

Police: Man wearing animal outfit shot by police, car set on fire outside Baltimore TV station

A man who walked into a Baltimore television station wearing an animal jumpsuit and what police said was a "surgical-style mask" was shot by police Thursday afternoon.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith said officers were called around 1:20 p.m. about a person in the lobby wearing "some sort of outfit," and displayed wires and other things in his jacket that looked like an explosive.

A vehicle was also set on fire with a rag inside the gas tank, Smith said.

There has been no explosion and no detonation, but police were communicating with the man through a bomb squad robot, Smith said. The robot was also in use to move his hand away from his pocket.

Security guard Jourael Apostolides said the man walked into the FOX 45 news station's vestibule, insisting he had information to share with the station. He was dressed in what appeared to be a full-body animal jumpsuit and boots, Apostolides said.

Apostolides said the man was wearing what looked to be a bomb or something fashioned to look like a bomb. He said he discreetly called 911.

Apostolides didn't let the man into the lobby but took a flash drive from him; the guard said it contained video of the man talking about space and the government.

The man is still alive, police said, but his condition is unknown.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cbsbal-baltimore-tv-station-evacuate-20160428-premiumvideo.html

Edit: Watching video of the shooting (in first link) is proof 5.56 poodleshooter round has no effect on furries who simply shrug off its effects.

Man Flees Cop With Actual Monkey On His Back

Burien police arrested a man for monkeying around on the road, but in a little more unique way than your usual reckless driver.

A state trooper clocked the 31-year-old man at 112 mph traveling on SR 509 and soon lost sight of the speeding car.

“He was reported running into the neighborhood with a monkey on his back,” Howard said. “It didn’t take long for officers to find him — he kind of stood out.”

Officers found the man a short distance away, with his partner in crime. He was cited and arrested for his monkey business. Howard reports that the man was not cooperative with officers. And neither was his monkey.

“The monkey didn’t want to let go of him,” Howard said. “It was only when the person’s mother got there that the monkey allowed her to handle him.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 3 weeks later...

Albuquerque Police Department engaging in some dubious practices.

An affidavit obtained by Burque Media from a confidential source spells out plans by the Albuquerque Police Department to go after low-level drug users in a reverse buy-bust operation. In a reverse buy-bust, undercover agents sell drugs to citizens, and then arrest them for possession. 

https://www.facebook.com/BonitaLynn422/videos/1129710163768912/

Hopefully the link works.  Pretty solid takedown by a Female officer at near Fairview mall, north Toronto.  Cell phone vid.  Single officer, guy initially had an axe.  No one got shot, no one overly hurt. I like how the old guy witha  cane jumps in to help the officer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hearing rumors that the suspect was a part of the, already discussed and mocked, sovereign citizen movement. SPLC has an older piece on some Black Nationalists adopting a strain of the wider SC movement. 

WSJ says this;

The alleged gunman has been identified as Gavin Long, a 29-year-old African-American man, according to a person briefed on the investigation. The suspect was from Missouri and was affiliated with an antigovernment group, the person told The Wall Street Journal.