Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Remember that time when passing a law ended asshattery?

I realize the source of the image is ultra partisan, but we both know that the best propaganda is true.

No, the best propaganda is inspiring.

I haven't found that imaged debunked anywhere I've seen it posted, and frankly, it is all over the place. I'm at work and my net is heavily filtered, so I'm limited in what I can do here.  That being said, I think the point that the image makes is germane to the discussion.

I really don't care about whether those lobbyists are motivated by hatred or love of teletubbies and the multitude of variations of tire rubber (both artificial and synthetic). I want posters on this forum to uphold a standard of properly sourcing the claims they make. If you can't do that yet because you're at work, I have nothing but sympathy for you. You must know that image has great potential to make my job harder without adding anything substantial to the discussion, however.

As for my blood pressure, it may be high, but frankly, it has nothing to do with the discussion here.  I suspect that most of the people on this board are not raving religious lunatics or uninformed on the issue. The issue may not be all that high on the radar of some people here, but whatever.

Just try to avoid going into demagogue mode, that's all. Isn't the best way to defeat an evil racist to smack him down with rock hard data and sources, rather than to just dismiss him because he's an evil racist? Keep in mind, literally every single other poster in this thread (OK, not Oedipus) has spent some time over on a certain other forum literally arguing against Nazis.

I'll take Oliphant's criticism of the source of the image as valid, and will endeavor to post better sources for information in the future, but I think that the information that the image conveys is still on point. 

Thanks. I really am not out to get anyone who doesn't align with me ideologically.

Keep in mind, literally every single other poster in this thread (OK, not Oedipus) has spent some time over on a certain other forum literally arguing against Nazis.

Arguing with Nazis online is for chumps. Take it to the streets.

Also, I tend to agree that the legislation is flawed. It certainly wasn't fleshed out, and at a meager 2.5 pages long, I don't feel that it covers any particular specifics.

But that just leaves more to be argued in court, where precedence will be made.  That's how the law will eventually be determined.

I don't believe such laws should be in place to begin with. I am against the knee-jerk passage of laws these days. There are much better ways to solve social issues.  

Arguing with Nazis online is for chumps. Take it to the streets.

Also, I tend to agree that the legislation is flawed. It certainly wasn't fleshed out, and at a meager 2.5 pages long, I don't feel that it covers any particular specifics.

But that just leaves more to be argued in court, where precedence will be made.  That's how the law will eventually be determined.

I don't believe such laws should be in place to begin with. I am against the knee-jerk passage of laws these days. There are much better ways to solve social issues.  

Time is the solver for this particular social issue. Another 10-15 years and the point will be pretty much moot.  Most people of my generation just really don't give a fuck about who you fuck. Those younger than myself (probably most of this board.) care even less.