Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

World of Warships THRED

I have seen the light. The St Louis is the Messiah arisen.

Oh so seconded.

Two South Carolinas got the axe last night.

Also: BBs = god (the ineffectual) father, CCs = the (much cooler) son and CAs = the holy ghost.

DDs = Satan

I have my New York. Having six gun turrets is so liberating.

And then I proceeded to completely misuse my new battleship by joining a full-scale charge up the middle of Two Brothers. As in every battleship went up the slot. 

The enemy team (who had a carrier for scouting), staring unbelieving at the spectacle of 7 battleships and a couple of cruisers and destroyers charging up the slot, actually bothered to message us if we were seriously about to commit mass suicide. 

We charged anyway. And died one by one gloriously. A few managed to sink an enemy battleship before going down. One sank an enemy and then proceeded to ram another before going down. My Captain's last words, in between my giggling, was "It's a trap!"

Clearly, it's time to bring out young Christian Bale singing:

As a final comedic touch, the only person in my team to argue against the mad charge - a Cleveland driver - then proceeded to flank the enemy fleet and sank four ships solo before going down. Apparently, the enemy was laughing so hard that they had trouble hitting him while he mumbled "Idiots" over and over under his breath.

I have my New York. Having six gun turrets is so liberating.

And then I proceeded to completely misuse my new battleship by joining a full-scale charge up the middle of Two Brothers. As in every battleship went up the slot. 

The enemy team (who had a carrier for scouting), staring unbelieving at the spectacle of 7 battleships and a couple of cruisers and destroyers charging up the slot, actually bothered to message us if we were seriously about to commit mass suicide. 

We charged anyway. And died one by one gloriously. A few managed to sink an enemy battleship before going down. One sank an enemy and then proceeded to ram another before going down. My Captain's last words, in between my giggling, was "It's a trap!"

Clearly, it's time to bring out young Christian Bale singing:

As a final comedic touch, the only person in my team to argue against the mad charge - a Cleveland driver - then proceeded to flank the enemy fleet and sank four ships solo before going down. Apparently, the enemy was laughing so hard that they had trouble hitting him while he mumbled "Idiots" over and over under his breath.

That  sounds GLORIOUS.  I would have been proud to witness such magnificence.

What's on everyone's keeper list?

Unlike in WOT, I'm not going to sell any premiums. I have the Beta, the three pre order boats and the Atlanta and Atago. Up some point I want to pick up the warspite and the Russian Omaha. 

So far for destroyers, I've kept the Samson and Umikaze cause I like destroyers and they make money, lots of money for what they cost to repair. I'm not sure what I'll keep from the later ships. 

On Cruisers, I'm keeping the SaintL, I'll keep the Cleveland for sure, and probably the New Orleans.  Not sure on the Japanese Cruisers yet, I didn't play them much. 

For Battleships, I'll probably keep the New Mexico, and everything after the North Carolina. I really hope they expand the US tree as the game gets older. I have not done Japanese Battleships and don't plan on it. 

I'll get around to carriers at some point, but I have not played any since beta. 

I hope they add bigger sea conditions in later versions. 

So I found a nice mod pack, it has like 20 cross hair choices, some look like they change the perspective, maybe giving you a better view off how the ship is turning? Is that a legal mod?

I haven't  played much this week really, most of my work week was 10 plus hour days, and it's hard to stay awake let alone play boats. 

I'm trying tonight though, well l'm in WOT right now playing my Japanese Tiger!

• 2 weeks later...