Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Models and pictures of Soviet MBT designs from 80s. Object 477A, Object 490 Buntar and Object 299.

LoooSeR

2 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

hifv2.jpg

So this thing was supposed to have autoloaded 76 mm (?) AC, and 2 ATGMs on top turret... with 4 RCWS, 2 of them armed with AGLs and 2 with 7.62 GPMGs. That is rather hot load for IFV by early 90s standarts. Although second variant had 8 dismounts, while first was for 11 (?)

...and let's not forget what appears to be 4 portholes, 2 on each side - I guess that's what those 2 rectangular holes at the back are intend to portray.
Also visible on that image which appeared earlier:
Axqk8QD.jpg

21 minutes ago, skylancer-3441 said:

...and let's not forget what appears to be 4 portholes, 2 on each side - I guess that's what those 2 rectangular holes at the back are intend to portray.
Also visible on that image which appeared earlier:
Axqk8QD.jpg

Yeah, i know. Those things looks a bit unnecessary when this vehicle have like 4 RCWS and main weapon system.

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

That is rather hot load for IFV by early 90s standarts

btw, it's on par with soviet late 80s BMPT (Obj.781 Sb.8).
Overall, 299-based HIFV looks just like BMPT-as-it-should-be (in case one thinks of it as of BMP-T, aka IFV-H, still retaining distmountable infantry)

56 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Yeah, i know. Those things looks a bit unnecessary when this vehicle have like 4 RCWS and main weapon system.

I guess it looks better in tablechart - when one proposes IFV with 8 so-called "active dismounts" instead of just 4.
With just 4 - it would be on par with some pity old version of Mowag Tornado from early 60s
j2oaIyz.jpg

...although Porsche's Durchburch-Spz proposal still had one more of those guys:
srINGvZ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going back to 2014 posts in this thread, but are any internal layout diagrams of the Object 780 available? I'm most curious about how the driver's optics worked; does the gun not recoil far enough back into the turret to go between the driver and his optics, or is there some other arrangement that lets it work?

21 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Going back to 2014 posts in this thread, but are any internal layout diagrams of the Object 780 available? I'm most curious about how the driver's optics worked; does the gun not recoil far enough back into the turret to go between the driver and his optics, or is there some other arrangement that lets it work?

I believe the "gun" is just a missile launcher, or it only fires low-impulse HE rounds at the most.  So the breech should be quite small, and the recoil path quite short, so the driver can fit behind it.

• 3 weeks later...

Was posted on otvaga, sharing here as well. Object 490A "Buntar' " vs T-14

tuASx.jpg

Render for Operation Flashpoint, made by Serg Sapper based on Levi's model.

TkcRm.jpg

Spoiler

IjPn9.jpg

u97Q2.jpg

zZyEP.jpg

oqUN3.jpg

sxBzT.jpg

PlIYj.jpg

http://otvaga2004.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=1949&p=23#p1212541

• 2 weeks later...

http://btvt.info/2futureprojects/object_490_2p.htm

Some info about Soviet 70-80s MBT project with 2 cannons was posted on Andrey's site. Here is a picture:

LJPdEm0.jpg

Ohh, sorry, here is a picture:

ÐвÑÑпÑÑеÑнÑй Ñанк (490 «ТополÑ»)

Tank with 2 guns (490 "Poplar")

A project from 80s of a tank with maximum protection, firepower and crew safety. One of the most unusual developments of the Soviet tank construction in the post-war period was the project of a two-cannon tank by Evgeny Morozov. The works were carried out in the late 70s and were presented to the customer along with other possible directions for the development of the layout for the future tank.

Among the proposed options were also considered:

- turreted tank with two operators (490 option 1 [was posted here as Object 490 Topol'])

- non-turret tank (with limited [gun] traverse/arc)

- articulated (two-link) tank

- tank with external weapon mounting system.

ÐвÑÑпÑÑеÑнÑй Ñанк (490 «ТополÑ»)

The layout of the tank was unusual, the hull was divided into isolated compartments, the first - the transmission compartment, the second - the fuel compartment divided by partitions, the third - the engine compartment. The crew consisting of two operators was placed in the rear of the hull in an isolated stationary capsule.

The capsule was fixed, the crew in any position of the turret, was facing frontl, the rotation of the turret with the main armament was carried out around the capsule. The "turntable" with the main armament had a powerful frontal armor, on the sides 125 mm guns of increased power were installed, or 130 and 152 mm guns that were under development at the same time.

Ammunition consisted of unitary shots placed in two autoloaders with a simple scheme located in the compartments behind the guns, which were fed from the horizontal ammorack. With the damage/hit of the compartments and fire (detonation) of ammunition, the likelihood of the destruction of the tank crew was excluded. With the damage of one of the compartments with gun and autoloader, the tank retained the ability to fire.

The second turret was located above the capsule, it had the sighting system of the commander-operator and driver, a static view device and a RCWS, which included a stabilized 23 mm R-23 cannon and 7.62 mm machine gun.

The chassis of the tank is made using a number of units of the Izdelie 219 and consists of six pairs of rubberized support rollers. There are guide wheels in the back of the tank, leading wheels in the front. During salvo firing from ambush, the guide wheels are lowered to the ground in order to impart greater stability during firing. Adjustable hydropneumatic suspension. Engine - product 29. Transmission - electromechanical or product 29G (1250 hp).

ÐбиÑаемое оÑделение Ñанка Ñ ÐºÐ¾Ð¼Ð°Ð½Ð´Ð¸Ñом-наводÑиком и водиÑелем

1 - operator's seat (when the tank is moving in reverse);

2 - emergency hatch;

3, 5, 13 - radiation protection, heat and sound insulation:

4 - a set of organs and instruments for controlling fire and motion;

6 - a device for monitoring and controlling weapons;

7 - a static-type device for viewing (8 pcs.);

8 - turntable/turret;

9 - hatch for entry and exit of the crew;

10 - reversible viewing tube;

11 - position of the operator during rest;

12 - tank hull;

14 - operators chairs

/.../

38 minutes ago, Toimisto said:

What sort of auto-loader did the Object 490A have? Was it isolated from the crew compartment?

First page of this thread:

img006.jpg

About half of volume under Object 490A's turret was an autoloader. And from here (http://btvt.info/2futureprojects/490a.htm):

Mechanized ammorack occupied the right side of the fighting compartment. The shots were placed horizontally in 5 rows. The crew was separated from the elements of the loading mechanism by a partition.

I probably should update first page with additonal info and new models/pics.

Object 195 model in AW. I have questions to about half of this model - where they got idea that some parts are exactly like they are modelled (i suspect they just guessed).

hsmaGwc.jpg

Spoiler

NwRnWVt.jpg

CpTVr14.jpg

EdDuSyl.jpg

YeyRu7b.jpg

lO5wm3M.jpg