Sturgeon's House
Sign in to follow this  
Sturgeon

The Space Exploration Achievements Thread

19 hours ago, Xlucine said:

The tendency to oversell makes it hard to get excited but I am cautiously optimistic that it will be more than a "we found xyz number of planets around other stars".

Don't get me wrong, I think it is good they found those planets, I just find they way they make these announcements to be too similar to crying wolf.

Edited by Ramlaen

-There is hydrogen in Enceladus's plumes which implies there are hydrothermal vent(s) on its sea floor. This has gotten scientists excited because of the ecosystems around hydrothermal vents on Earth.

-Hubble has observed multiple plumes in the same location on Europa, which would be an ideal location to sample water without a crazy drilling operation. There are also 'hotspots' on the surface of Europa which coincide with plume locations.

-NASA people still suck at speaking to the public (and I need to take more time writing a post like this so I don't have to edit it multiple times).

Edited by Ramlaen