Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

I'm a Real Boy/Engineer!

LostCosmonaut

I wouldn't trust anyone who so obviously does not know what a Sears-Haack body is.

Or what "stabilizing base pressure" means.

He's also apparently a real web designer.

That is not what a hamburger button is for, that is not a mobile site even why do you have a hamburger button in the first place?

Give me notepad and a day and I'll make a site that works better.

Also that logo, he's a real graphic artist.

According to the patent it's amphibious. huh. Also most of the illustrations are blacked out, which is a shame - I wanted to see the pilot-powered dynamo in the escape glider

Like a carburetor?  Why is that so odd?

Carburettor's don't produce lift ;) Any low pressure generated above the lifting body will also pull down the top of the casing, so it's just a really inefficient air intake

Carburettor's don't produce lift ;) Any low pressure generated above the lifting body will also pull down the top of the casing, so it's just a really inefficient air intake

I was just wondering what context you were making the reference to.

You're talking about ring wings or flying shirtcuffs then.

Wings themselves are literally doing the same thing a venturi (or a venturi spraybar) is doing, It's just in a wing's application the resultant effect is lift, and in a carb it's a localized low pressure area

That's why I posed the question. Guessing it was on that hot mess of a website somewhere..