Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

"Dementor Wasp", Hundreds of Other Animals Discovered In Mekong Region

Sturgeon

The WWF is the World Wrestling Federation. Not the World Wildlife Fund. Until this travesty against justice and common sense is corrected, I will continue to internally voice every World Wildlife Fund sob story raising awareness for some critter or their hand-wringing pleas for donations in the voice of the "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

Besides, the WWF also raised awareness for animals...

It's cool and interesting to find new critters, but am I the only one who rolls their eyes at the immediate claims of everything being threatened? Fucking environmentalists have forgotten how to be honest. 

With the rapid growth of population around the Mekong it isn't surprising that a species with a likely small population would be listed as threatened. 

There are strange metrics that environmentalists such as calculating extinction rates by seeing how much forest is destroyed without ever recording the species that lived there, but I wouldn't call this instance dishonesty at all.  

With the rapid growth of population around the Mekong it isn't surprising that a species with a likely small population would be listed as threatened. 

There are strange metrics that environmentalists such as calculating extinction rates by seeing how much forest is destroyed without ever recording the species that lived there, but I wouldn't call this instance dishonesty at all.  

I was making one of those general statements, mostly aimed at groups like Greenpeace, and ALF, PETA, since they are all pretty rank groups.

It also seems like there can be no stories like this that are not followed by a gloom and doom report about how they and by extension eventually us are going to be dead soon due to some man made problem.  Over saturation on very political topic seems to kill the message off.

Do countries like Vietnam even care about enacting animal and environmental protection laws? 

I was making one of those general statements, mostly aimed at groups like Greenpeace, and ALF, PETA, since they are all pretty rank groups.

It also seems like there can be no stories like this that are not followed by a gloom and doom report about how they and by extension eventually us are going to be dead soon due to some man made problem.  Over saturation on very political topic seems to kill the message off.

Do countries like Vietnam even care about enacting animal and environmental protection laws? 

I hate those guys, but I try to stick to what ecologists and other qualified people say rather than political mouthpieces.

Vietnam just wants its islands.