Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Challenger 2 vs Toyota Yaris.

Belesarius

Typical hardware-centric talk.  Crew training is really what matters.

Put some Libyans in that chally 2 and some Chadians in the Toyota, and I guarantee you the tank is a smoldering wreck by the end of it.

By 2015, the Germans were reduced to crewing their Toyota Yaris fleet with barely trained teenagers. 

It's a myth that the Yaris can't hurt the Challenger 2. That was probably made up post-war by modelers who thought the much bigger and more impressive tank was cooler than the subcompact sedan. In reality, the Yarises proved to be highly effective combat vehicles that achieved a 1.46-to-1 kill ratio versus the clumsy British tanks in collisions, according to this study conducted by ARPA. Stats aren't everything.

One of my best friends has a story he likes to tell of how his Humvee was run over by half the Canadian tank force in the Balkans during his Army funded trip to the Balkans during the late 1990s. The punchline of course is that it was one of the two Cannuck tanks over there. And by "run over" it was mostly just smashing up side a bit.

Old army tales are apparently often exaggerated at times for comedic effect. Or so I've been led to believe.

Only on the goddamn Russian tanks where the controls are so heavy.

Well i dont know if its any different in the west, but traditionally drivers usually do alot of lifting for the whole "maintenance, track repair, etc." roles

Well i dont know if its any different in the west, but traditionally drivers usually do alot of lifting for the whole "maintenance, track repair, etc." roles

It's not in the U.S., I know that.

Loader and Driver do most of the grunt. Loader tends to be the dogsbody/gofer.