Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

They haven't and are unlikely to touch US TDs, all game forums are toxic especially on free to plays. Gaijin forums can be especially toxic since a lot of former WoT wehraboos go there because it's the only other tanks game.

WoWP is pretty much dead and will stay that way since it'll basically never beat War Thunder air combat.

I saw you complain about freak bounces up thread yet that's the kind of shit that would happen all the time in WoT and still happens. In this instance, Gaijin has hilariously screwed up their overmatch (which sits at x10 instead of x2), yet their ballistic model is still more correct by a longshot than the incredibly simple one WoT uses.

I seriously must be playing a different game each time from everyone in both WoT and WTGF because the shit people complain about either doesn't phase me or just doesn't happen. I can't take complaints about invisirocks, or shots deflecting off a AAA truck, etc, seriously because that has never been my experience and I'd have to make an effort of it replicate it.

Yes, you live in some alternate universe where WTGF is not a steaming pile.

Freak bounces happen in WoT, but it's not a "10% chance against anything" kind of thing.

Yes, you live in some alternate universe where WTGF is not a steaming pile.

Freak bounces happen in WoT, but it's not a "10% chance against anything" kind of thing.

That's Tiberius saying that, a known wehraboo and fucking idiot, I wouldn't take him seriously. There ae still a bunch of dumbass things in WTGF, like Parts/FPE and as a rule WoT has better devs, but the actual combat in WTGF is way more satisfying than WoT's is.

Freak bounces in tanks also make less of an impact on a fight.

WTGF needs things to be dead on right because sample sizes are generally pretty low.

My experience in WoT was pretty much that freak bounces were just as "welp, I'm dead".

That's Tiberius saying that, a known wehraboo and fucking idiot, I wouldn't take him seriously. There ae still a bunch of dumbass things in WTGF, like Parts/FPE and as a rule WoT has better devs, but the actual combat in WTGF is way more satisfying than WoT's is.

My experience in WoT was pretty much that freak bounces were just as "welp, I'm dead".

Err, no it's like everyone else on this forum.

They haven't and are unlikely to touch US TDs, all game forums are toxic especially on free to plays. Gaijin forums can be especially toxic since a lot of former WoT wehraboos go there because it's the only other tanks game.

WoWP is pretty much dead and will stay that way since it'll basically never beat War Thunder air combat.

I saw you complain about freak bounces up thread yet that's the kind of shit that would happen all the time in WoT and still happens. In this instance, Gaijin has hilariously screwed up their overmatch (which sits at x10 instead of x2), yet their ballistic model is still more correct by a longshot than the incredibly simple one WoT uses.

I seriously must be playing a different game each time from everyone in both WoT and WTGF because the shit people complain about either doesn't phase me or just doesn't happen. I can't take complaints about invisirocks, or shots deflecting off a AAA truck, etc, seriously because that has never been my experience and I'd have to make an effort of it replicate it.

They already have "touched" U.S. TD's.  Check stats on the M18 for example..

Now.. WoT is unabashedly "a game".. WT is trying to stand on the column of "historical accuracy" while failing to even crack a book to try and get there. 

So I cut WoT a bit of slack, since it's effectively the virtual equivalent of playing with model tanks on the livingroom carpet. 

Gaijin on the other hand is trying to proffer itself as being somehow devoted to historical accuracy, while producing such laughable mistakes as ridiculous module location and innumerable stealth nerfs.

Now you've never hit an invisi-rock, had some kind of wacky rubberbanding or seen a slew of absurd bounces?

Lucky you. Many however have, and a brief Youtube search will turn them up in volume.

When a game tries to differentiate itself from the others via claims of historical accuracy, then fails to even come close in many of it's efforts (often by sheer sloth), I'm going to give it a hell of a lot more flak than the one that is selling itself as a simple tank-type game.

Hmm. I've generally found that I was playing too aggressively when I was relying on a single shot to decide a fight unless I was going to die anyway or I was trying to pull off a hero carry. As opposed to a huge litany of shots that didn't connect serving only to give my position away.

They already have "touched" U.S. TD's.  Check stats on the M18 for example..

Now.. WoT is unabashedly "a game".. WT is trying to stand on the column of "historical accuracy" while failing to even crack a book to try and get there. 

So I cut WoT a bit of slack, since it's effectively the virtual equivalent of playing with model tanks on the livingroom carpet. 

Gaijin on the other hand is trying to proffer itself as being somehow devoted to historical accuracy, while producing such laughable mistakes as ridiculous module location and innumerable stealth nerfs.

Now you've never hit an invisi-rock, had some kind of wacky rubberbanding or seen a slew of absurd bounces?

Lucky you. Many however have, and a brief Youtube search will turn them up in volume.

When a game tries to differentiate itself from the others via claims of historical accuracy, then fails to even come close in many of it's efforts (often by sheer sloth), I'm going to give it a hell of a lot more flak than the one that is selling itself as a simple tank-type game.

RPM nerfs? All US tanks were hit by them, not just TDs, it's about the only stat they're flexible on. For quite awhile the RPM on US tanks was forcing the BR to insane levels, so they decided knocking the RPM down was better than raising the BR on what few tanks the US has, and making it an unpleasant tree to play. Heck, the M8A1 Scott has been repeatedly hit by RPM nerfs because it's just so damn good, and they had to push the BR up even then to the point it's not really an era 1 tank, in most ways it's strictly better than most era 1 tanks.

Speaking of cracking a book, they recently revisited their entire penetration mechanic which is now based off of WW2 Armor and Gunnery.

I'm already a critic of Gaijin though, so don't take me defending WTGF for defending them. I like CARB way better than WoT, the experience is superior, I don't have to like Gaijin sticking the T-34-85s transmission and the GM 6046 inside the M103. Maybe I just burned completely out of WoT, I spent most of my time sans like 6 months fighting in clan wars as an "officer" of some sort. The gameplay just grew boring rote, and memorized, while WTGF is still fresh for me.

Maybe I just burned completely out of WoT, I spent most of my time sans like 6 months fighting in clan wars as an "officer" of some sort. The gameplay just grew boring rote, and memorized, while WTGF is still fresh for me.

Clan Wars in WoT as an officer sucks syphilitic donkey cock.  One of the main reasons I stopped playing Tanks.

RPM nerfs? All US tanks were hit by them, not just TDs, it's about the only stat they're flexible on. For quite awhile the RPM on US tanks was forcing the BR to insane levels, so they decided knocking the RPM down was better than raising the BR on what few tanks the US has, and making it an unpleasant tree to play. Heck, the M8A1 Scott has been repeatedly hit by RPM nerfs because it's just so damn good, and they had to push the BR up even then to the point it's not really an era 1 tank, in most ways it's strictly better than most era 1 tanks.

Speaking of cracking a book, they recently revisited their entire penetration mechanic which is now based off of WW2 Armor and Gunnery.

I'm already a critic of Gaijin though, so don't take me defending WTGF for defending them. I like CARB way better than WoT, the experience is superior, I don't have to like Gaijin sticking the T-34-85s transmission and the GM 6046 inside the M103. Maybe I just burned completely out of WoT, I spent most of my time sans like 6 months fighting in clan wars as an "officer" of some sort. The gameplay just grew boring rote, and memorized, while WTGF is still fresh for me.

Naah, there's lots more.. Crap like soft nerfs on terrain passability, and traverse.  The ROF nerfs were merely providing evidence that their BR system was ridiculous.

But hey, I mentioned when they were considering the vehicle, that "they'll fuck it up, and nobody will be happy".

Them changing their pen mechanics looks nice on the surface as far as "study", til you look at how they introduced half the M4's with radiators on aircooled engines (the M41 still suffers this), or just laughable module locations.  I've already mentioned the wacky yaw issues the Corsairs and other low tier U.S. birds had.

If you want to like it because it's the "new thing" that's fine. I'm looking at it with a more critical eye, because they are claiming an adherence to historical figures and features they seem incapable of sticking to. (Tiger 1 headlamps, anyone?)

• 2 weeks later...

wargamming ladies and gentlemen

I would think they have far more historically significant examples to deal with.

Also, last I heard saner heads had prevailed and the project was shelved.

Made sure to check for that. I think they're tinkering with some updates, it happened a few more times today, and never for more than a couple of minutes.

They may be having issues with their ridiculous play count/post system.

I would think they have far more historically significant examples to deal with.

Also, last I heard saner heads had prevailed and the project was shelved.

They may be having issues with their ridiculous play count/post system.

i guess they need to buy more life jackets before they drown in wehrabucks

I was under the assumption that the museum directors had a moment of clarity and decided to focus on vehicles worth restoring.

IIRC it was one of the last running T-35's.

thats already restored

im all for them restoring the object 187

and maybe

producing about 1,000 of them or so