Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

So after about 3-4 hours of grinding I am 1 tank away from unlocking tier 3. Atm I'm following the BMP and SPAAG lines, which, together with the Object 120 give me enough rank 5 tanks for rank 6. I'm probably also going to start the medium line so I can unlock rank 4/5.

All in all, WT is a pretty fun game, but the grind will be a bitch, even with playing premiums.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:52 AM, ApplesauceBandit said:

It's hard to tell from that angle, but the driver position does have some armor in front of it cut out.  Turret by the gun is pretty weak.  100mm right by the mantlet, 250mm with no special armor if you're a little less centered.

@LoooSeR Seems gaijin recently updated (buffed) the armor so that it is now 150mm and 330mm accordingly.

On 24.09.2017 at 12:17 PM, ApplesauceBandit said:

@LoooSeR Seems gaijin recently updated (buffed) the armor so that it is now 150mm and 330mm accordingly.

T-64A have one of those cast turrets that have variable thickness depending where exactly you measure, few sm left or right - and you will have different LOS/effective armor. I guess it is hard to implement in game.

4 hours ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

I don't know if anyone bought anything yet, but I'd personally wait a month since I think their 5th anniversary thing will be at the end of october if I'm not mistaken.  Usually results in lots of 50% off sales, would get a lot more bang for your buck.

Good time to get a premium account. Last time they had a sale I got half a year for $20

The ZSU-57-2 is entertaining if nothing else. You can destroy most tanks for the side, and aircraft usually fall apart in one hit (which is good, because you don't hit them very often)

I think that I'm going to get the 23-4 next, otherwise it will be the last rank that I get. I want it, but I want all the others, too.

9 minutes ago, Ulric said:

The ZSU-57-2 is entertaining if nothing else. You can destroy most tanks for the side, and aircraft usually fall apart in one hit (which is good, because you don't hit them very often)

I think that I'm going to get the 23-4 next, otherwise it will be the last rank that I get. I want it, but I want all the others, too.

I'm at the single shot tier 3 SPAAG right now. I can't even slew the gun quick enough to follow planes.

30 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

I'm at the single shot tier 3 SPAAG right now. I can't even slew the gun quick enough to follow planes.

The 29K is a SPG that can sometimes shoot down aircraft. I think it's even classified as a TD in WT. It's pretty good, and abusive. Wagers require you to have a rank 3 in your line up, so you can bring in the 29 K and a bunch of 3.7 T-34s and rack up those wagers.

Maybe it's because it's stock, but I didn't know the 29-K could be so painful until I took it into a RB battle last night.  The stat card says that its top speed is 70 km/h, yet despite having taken no damage, the fastest I could go on a flat paved surface was 17 km/h.  I could even get to the C point on Normandy because my truck stalled out any time I tried climbing that little hill.  I thought it'd at least be something funny to bring out every now and then, but all it does is make me mad.