Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

18 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

WoT has an uparmoured conq on the brit tree now? They knew fv215b was fake and were looking at replacements years ago - it still amazes me just how slow WG can be

It's the one with the applique armor all over the turret, right?

Watch Inside the Chieftain's Hatch and you'll see a CG model of the super-conq.  They've had that model for like, maybe a year now.

There's something seriously broken at Wargaming.  I think you had it right, what, two years ago?  When you said that WoT had started as a game about tanks and had become a way to make money via a game about tanks.

40 minutes ago, Bronezhilet said:

Disabling grass etc gives SUCH an unfair advantage in WT. I'm getting hit by enemies I have no way of seeing because there's 1 meter tall grass in the way. They can see me perfectly since they don't see the grass at all.

Once gaijin added the totally not pay to win bush "decorations", I abandoned any sense of honor and set vegetation (grass included) to as low as possible.  Really helps you a lot, especially in RB and SB

I have grass disabled when looking through the sights, outside of that, I play the game at the unrecommended "movie" setting.

In AB, disabling grass just speeds up target acquisition. The real unfair advantage is knowing what buildings and other "cover" your gun is blind to. Nothing like 122mm APHE getting people through buildings to get people yelling about hacks and Russian bias.

27 minutes ago, Ulric said:

I have grass disabled when looking through the sights, outside of that, I play the game at the unrecommended "movie" setting.

In AB, disabling grass just speeds up target acquisition. The real unfair advantage is knowing what buildings and other "cover" your gun is blind to. Nothing like 122mm APHE getting people through buildings to get people yelling about hacks and Russian bias.

Probably worth noting that your shells aren't blind to them, they do decrease your shell's penetration.  You can have your sherman fail to penetrate the side of a panzer IV at 200m if you try shooting through too many sand houses.

So, my initial assessment is that the IS-3, while sexy, is garbage. First, it has trouble turning, even in AB, on anything other than pavement. Second, it has a very long reload, and at 7.3 the D-25 is starting to show it's limitations. Third, the ammunition is stored everywhere, so it is almost guaranteed that a penetrating hit will outright kill you. Heavy for heavy, the IS-6 is superior to the IS-3, and BR for BR, the T-54 mod. 47 is a better tank. I want to try reverse side scraping with the IS-3, but I'm not sure about the utility of that maneuver when the tank is unable to turn on some terrain.

I don't know if it's because I'm on at odd times, but I've been having a lot of issues with trolls/griefers lately.

Generally it'll be some rando who uses the same model of plane to try and creep up on you from behind after takeoff, and then ram or shoot your engine. 

Some are remarkably persistent.