Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Dev server is up, airborne baguettes are there, as a few tanks (P40, Pasta M26, Begleitpanzer 57, "production" Ho-ri with 120mm front hull and 220mm superstructure.  Planes also sound a lot different now and I'm hearing positive things the changes.

9sd14wmvzmuz.png

Also, French Engineering

unknown.png

unknown.png

5.2t bombload at BR.20

xaxaxaxaxax the pastakin's future looks bright

P40's APHE gets 270g of balance as its HE filler.  For reference, that's nearly x10 what the German 7.5cm gets.  In fact, it's practically the same as how much is in the Soviet 122mm ammo.

The HEAT ammo doesn't look too shabby either, gets 100mm pen.

wp3Z4Oi.png

Oh God! That's more HE filler than M82 shot for the US 90mm. I think Italian Tanks and I will get a long nicely.

Speaking of M82 shot, I had some interesting experiences today. One, if you fire M82 and it an RU-251 on the muzzle break, the resulting matter-antimatter reaction will destroy the RU-251 The same applies to IS-6s and that bit of sheet metal on the top of the turret, just above the gun. Also the engine deck of T-44-100s., the angled bit of the Tiger IIs turret, and other interesting surfaces.

I'm learning my way around the M26E1 and M46, granted it took getting my ass kicked a bunch of times to figure it out.

Now if they'd only give the 90mm HVAP 373mm of pen when fired out of the T15...

1 hour ago, RobotMinisterofTrueKorea said:

Oh God! That's more HE filler than M82 shot for the US 90mm. I think Italian Tanks and I will get a long nicely.

Speaking of M82 shot, I had some interesting experiences today. One, if you fire M82 and it an RU-251 on the muzzle break, the resulting matter-antimatter reaction will destroy the RU-251 The same applies to IS-6s and that bit of sheet metal on the top of the turret, just above the gun. Also the engine deck of T-44-100s., the angled bit of the Tiger IIs turret, and other interesting surfaces.

I'm learning my way around the M26E1 and M46, granted it took getting my ass kicked a bunch of times to figure it out.

Now if they'd only give the 90mm HVAP 373mm of pen when fired out of the T15...

I got the M26E1 over the weekend too.  So I have the trifecta.

In War Thunder, we’ve reserved a place at rank VI of the German research tree for the Begleitpanzer 57. It’s a more than symmetrical response to the Soviet BMP-1!

More than symmetrical, you say? What does that mean in plain English. Also, it gets a "crew" of 5, because it is including a small compliment of infantry that can ride in the back. Too bad the BMP doesn't get the same treatment. Also, with this thing in the game, there is no excuse not to have the BMP-2.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:50 AM, ApplesauceBandit said:

I also find it strange that the M8 is getting limited to a rare event vehicle.

unknown.png

I'd hope the M8 is "rare" cause if it were common it's be "Well done"..

(Yes terrible joke)

Okay stlill, WHAT THE FUCK.  Again with a vehicle I know in and out, and  it get's utterly assfucked...

Yep it has a 37mm gun, but it's also fast. VERY fast and VERY quiet.  shy of a few maps  It should be a decent low tier killer, but noooo. 

GAIJIN. 

4 hours ago, Ulric said:

More than symmetrical, you say? What does that mean in plain English. Also, it gets a "crew" of 5, because it is including a small compliment of infantry that can ride in the back. Too bad the BMP doesn't get the same treatment. Also, with this thing in the game, there is no excuse not to have the BMP-2.

Anything past PzKfwIV/ T34/ M4 , I could give a fuck less about. 

If Gaijin stopped at late WW2 tanks and refined, I'd be happy.  But NOOOOOO

Now we have ATGM's...

For Fuck's Sakes. 

Hell, in RB you are a god if you get a kill with a MCLOS. I think I've only gotten one or two ATG kills in AB as it is, mostly against Ferdinands, now that I think of it. I'm looking forward to the BMP-1P with the 9M113. Hopefully they will fix the Gunners sight position so I can be the true cancer and launch ATGMs at people while hiding everything but the launch tube and Gunners primary sight.

Well, wasn't expecting this so soon, 1.73 is ready to download.

Also, a lot of that event stuff starts today, so make sure to get those freebie premiums.  I might just pick up the KV-1E anyways since 2000 birdy coins for about the normal price of 1000 is already not that bad of a deal.  Gotta stockpile gold for when the T114 goes half off a billion years from now anyways.