Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

The 12cm Chi Ha is crap, correct?  Seems they plan to stop selling it after this.

I'm not really sure why the M4A2 sold out so fast, the tank isn't even good anymore.  The 75mm at BR 4.3 is rather inadequate, especially when it's not got super strong armor like the jumbo does.

Gaijin's servers are also busy exploding right now, I wouldn't rush too much to get in.

1 hour ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

The 12cm Chi Ha is crap, correct?  Seems they plan to stop selling it after this.

I'm not really sure why the M4A2 sold out so fast, the tank isn't even good anymore.  The 75mm at BR 4.3 is rather inadequate, especially when it's not got super strong armor like the jumbo does.

Gaijin's servers are also busy exploding right now, I wouldn't rush too much to get in.

Gotta get them wehrabucks. It's a joimaen tonk, of course it would sell. Now, compare it to what else the pedos get at 4.3 and the 75mm M4A2  looks down right pathetic. They already get the best T-34 at 4.0 as well.

Only been able to play one battle in both, but I'm pleased with what they were able to do.  The I-29 battle wasn't anything too special, got 3 kills with it, liked how it felt.  The Greyhound feels like a hellcat for BR 1.3.  No armor, but is pretty mobile and can go as fast in reverse as it does forward.  Being wheeled and not tracked, generally only goes up to 45km/h off road in AB.

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

Hull armor listed as zero?

It's fake news.  Front is 20-25mm LoS, side is 9.5mm, rear is 5mm.  Turret is about 30mm LoS

Cw1lcac.jpg

I think the most overlooked thing about the M8 is that the .50 call is mounted well above the vehicle, has 10 degrees of gun depression, and can be independently controlled if you set up your keys for it. This vehicle is fighting at a tier where .50 can go through the sides of most tanks, and the front of some. A couple months ago, I was looking around for the lowest BR vehicle with a pintle mounted M2, and I found the M8 Scott at 2.0. it's gun was mounted to low to be of use, and 2.0 is a little too high for the M2. However, the Greyhound changes everything.

I picked up the M26 T99 rocket Pershing when it was on sale, and that tank is hilarious. The rockets and some interesting utility. They are set very wide, so while consistently hitting the same spot it's tricky, you can very safely fire around corners. Direct hits won't do much, but you can occasionally get some splash through a turret roof or hull roof. The big advantage for shooting around corners is knocking off tracks and splashing the belly armor, which can hit fuel tanks and ammo racks.

Another very big advantage of the rockets is having something other than a co-ax or loader MG to cover your reload. A great example from last night was when I knocked out a T29 with M82 APHE to the lower plate and then a Charioteer with rocket spam. They had stacked up around a corner, and I was alone without any covering fire. The T29 poked first, and caught one in the ammo rack before he could get his gun on target. The Charioteer, in an unusual display of intelligence, recognized that my 90mm can't fire if it's not loaded, and poked out as well. Unfortunately for him, he poked into a barrage of 4.5" rockets with a tank that can only barely resist .50 cal from the front, and the results were exactly what you would expect.

There is also a demoralizing effect that the rockets have. I got the drop on an IS-4, but since it was an IS-4, there wasn't much my 90mm could do about it. A careful shot with APCR jammed his turret ring, and then I started to give him the Macros treatment. He lost a track and sustained other very minor damage, but the barrage had a much greater effect on his moral, and he abandoned his vehicle.

The results are in, the KV-1 is perfectly balanced.  The KV-1E has actually proven to be pretty great too, gun's only been a problem when faced with other Soviet heavies.

These two battles were one after the other.  I'd start in the KV-1E, club everything in my way and solo one of the three cap zones, eventually die after someone gets a shell through the bulge for the breach, then spawn in a different KV and clean up.

BXP60QW.png

Qn4Fwp0.png

This second one could have been 17 kills, but the other team ran out of tickets before I could get the finishing shot in on a tank I had crippled.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:23 PM, ApplesauceBandit said:

Only been able to play one battle in both, but I'm pleased with what they were able to do.  The I-29 battle wasn't anything too special, got 3 kills with it, liked how it felt.  The Greyhound feels like a hellcat for BR 1.3.  No armor, but is pretty mobile and can go as fast in reverse as it does forward.  Being wheeled and not tracked, generally only goes up to 45km/h off road in AB.

It's fake news.  Front is 20-25mm LoS, side is 9.5mm, rear is 5mm.  Turret is about 30mm LoS

Cw1lcac.jpg

WT is fucking up models again..  No shock.

That Browning needs to be on a skatemount, on a ring, similar to what one would find on U.S. transport vehicles of the era (and later).. What they portray is an "expanded" vehicle mount propped up in an improbable position.

I just realized how easy the warbond shop stuff can be now compared to the past, the "hard missions"  I've been able to complete were "30 kills in an SPG" or "Win 3 battles in the top 5".  Issue is that I need to complete 40 easy tasks, yet I only have time this month to get 34 max.  I'd kill for a TB-3 to go with the Po-2 I already have, but I'll be out of town for thanksgiving shenanigans.

meWWTVw.jpg

OK now I'm annoyed and I'm going to have to play Frenchy planes!  Why you ask? Because the US line, gets a lamer version of a plane I love the Skyraider, the US line gets the AD-2 a korean war version with only 2 20mm cannons.  The French get the AD-4 with 4 20mm cannons and WAY more ordnance loadouts! WTF Wargaming?!  Why do the French get the best version of a US plane??