Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

36 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

OK now I'm annoyed and I'm going to have to play Frenchy planes!  Why you ask? Because the US line, gets a lamer version of a plane I love the Skyraider, the US line gets the AD-2 a korean war version with only 2 20mm cannons.  The French get the AD-4 with 4 20mm cannons and WAY more ordnance loadouts! WTF Wargaming?!  Why do the French get the best version of a US plane??

Not to mention that this is trapped in there too

uyrBW7s.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

OK now I'm annoyed and I'm going to have to play Frenchy planes!  Why you ask? Because the US line, gets a lamer version of a plane I love the Skyraider, the US line gets the AD-2 a korean war version with only 2 20mm cannons.  The French get the AD-4 with 4 20mm cannons and WAY more ordnance loadouts! WTF Wargaming?!  Why do the French get the best version of a US plane??

*blaming wargaming for something in a gaijin game*

25 minutes ago, SuperComrade said:

Is that without premium? 4215 RP seems absurdly low for 17 ground kills.

It's premium, had a 10% RP booster going too I think.  Gaijin doesn't like rewarding you much for being efficient and killing stuff in a single shot and a lot of my kills were from taking someone down in a single well-placed shot.

I had a respectable game in the Strv 81. It wasn't an outstanding game, but I did have some fun. I kept an enemy Ferdinand pinned down behind a single building over 1km away for almost four minutes before finishing him off with an SS.11 to the face, and I shot down an Ar 234 C with HE from my 20pdr. APDS from that thing wonderful, as well.

tRbs9OQ.jpg

GgWgO2t.jpg

w9Jcue4.jpg

I don't really play RB. I've tried it a couple times, and I might try it again. The SS.11, 9M14, and possibly others are MCLOS in RB. They take some practice, but they are pretty easy to get used to in the training room. Ideally you should only fire SS.11s at stationary tanks, anyways, since the tracking and flight controls are pretty sloppy.

4 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Nice. 

I suck at tanks with no turrets. 

Most of what I did in that battle was in the KV-1, I honestly played a little sloppy in the SU-85 and let myself die to a T-28 that I should have had no issue with.

I'm fine with turretless things usually, I just like them having some usable mix of small size, speed, and armor.  It limits the routes you can effectively take to the ones with only one direction to worry about enemies at, but I still can be about as aggressive in them as I am in a Sherman or T-34.  KV-1 just gives no fucks and goes where it wants, when it wants.

Also, the fact that my KV-1 had a talisman may be the reason why my RP gains where better in that match.