Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Yeah, the Wirbelwind is pretty disgusting. At ranges under ~200 meters it seems to be perfectly capable of shredding Cromwells, Valentines, and M10s from the front. What really ticks me off about it (and the Ostwind) though is that so many players will put shrubbery and other camo on the turret, so I'll see a Pz.IV hull and instinctively aim for the spot on the hull where you can get most of the crew with a single hit, only to have the shell go right under the feet of the 3 men sitting high in the turret. The Wirbelwind will then notice me (if he hadn't already), spin his turret around, and spray me with 20mm APCR.    

12 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

They are hilariously funny, and a bit of a gimmick,  and are way more balanced than the T35. 

@RobotMinisterofTrueKorea and I have done terrible things with them. Even if you don't use the ATGM, they are right at home at 6.7 with a 20pdr. When you add those SS.11s into the mix, it gets really nasty. There is nothing you can't pen, and you can do it from completely behind cover. I would say that 90% of my ATGM kills are from 3rd person because I'm flying the missile over my cover. 

A great example is the north spawn on Berlin. You can park at the end of that water filled trench behind the rubble and hit tanks on the middle cap point. I did this to good effect while providing covering fire for Robot Minister, who was down in the water inserting APDS slugs into anyone foolish enough to have LOS to him. I was able to get accurate and devastating missile hits on a T26E1 and T34, the former burning down, the later having the driver and gunner surgically removed so he could be safely engaged and finished off.

The only reason why the Strv is balanced is because so few people know how to employ it correctly, or even bother using the missiles at all.

44 minutes ago, Ulric said:

@RobotMinisterofTrueKorea and I have done terrible things with them. Even if you don't use the ATGM, they are right at home at 6.7 with a 20pdr. When you add those SS.11s into the mix, it gets really nasty. There is nothing you can't pen, and you can do it from completely behind cover. I would say that 90% of my ATGM kills are from 3rd person because I'm flying the missile over my cover. 

A great example is the north spawn on Berlin. You can park at the end of that water filled trench behind the rubble and hit tanks on the middle cap point. I did this to good effect while providing covering fire for Robot Minister, who was down in the water inserting APDS slugs into anyone foolish enough to have LOS to him. I was able to get accurate and devastating missile hits on a T26E1 and T34, the former burning down, the later having the driver and gunner surgically removed so he could be safely engaged and finished off.

The only reason why the Strv is balanced is because so few people know how to employ it correctly, or even bother using the missiles at all.

Cool, so you aim up at first then correct onto the target?  I'm going to have to get on with you guys again. 

15 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Cool, so you aim up at first then correct onto the target?  I'm going to have to get on with you guys again. 

The missiles on the Strv hop up into the air upon launch, so you usually don't even have to aim up to do this. You do have to on the AMX-13 SS.11, but the missiles on that are more responsive and do not over correct anywhere near as much.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:50 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

How do you get the war crimes panther and what is a T-V?

Soviet documents call German tanks T-[number] instead of Pz[number], so the Panther is T-5 or T-V. Sometimes the typewriter has no way to write Roman numerals and you see them called T-У. The PzIII in this case is Т-Ш

Finally mastered the T28 Prototype, knife-fighting the north corner at El Halluf. 

ukkTbw9.png

Surrender monkeys strike back! Holding the hill on Tundra in a Tier 8 battle until the Lowe and Krautkannon wank TD on my team figured out how to finally put a cursor over a red tank and click. 

6xojPHv.png

And speaking of Kraut wank tanks, 

Spoiler

Eight kill battle in my Soviet captured E-75 bullying the ever loving fuck out of everyone, laughing maniacally as shots bounced off while I easily one-shotted foes left and right.

OY6DAlW.png

UJuQPaD.png

tvVPObJ.png

That's a peace symbol...

I've reached an astounding level of failure at this game, where I've lost 20 games in a row, and got 3 kills total.

30 games, and haven't gotten higher than a 500 on score.

Final edit: Discovered an interesting mode where if you consistantly score very lowly, the game auto locks your tanks so you can't play them. I suspect I'm doing so poorly there's an expectation that I'm a bot.

47 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Worst of Tanks news;

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/02/04/wot-what-is-next/

Some of the stuff sounds pretty interesting tbh

You know what I want WG?

Matchbox tanks.

Fun.

Not a race to "top tier"  and "pro gaming" nonsense.

https://warthunder.com/en/news/5309-development-leopard-2k-a-legend-in-the-making-en

Well @Ulric It looks like the Germans *are* getting the 120mm Smoothbore.

I guess an Early Leo 2 is to be expected with the Russians (hopefully) getting T-72 and T-80. Here's hoping for early Abrams for the US.

Can't do the detailed snarky review of that article that I want to, because work, but if you read between the lines, they talk about how it will have the most German bias, as well as a Krupp Stahl Whipple shield.

But as long as it gets DM-13 and ONLY DM-13, then it might be balanced. But we all know that it will at least get DM-12A1, because why not let the Germans have a gun fired 600mm round. And it will most likely get DM-53, as well. There are already 800mm pen missiles in the game (cough in the German tree cough), so why not an 800mm pen KE round? Seems fair and balanced.

As long as the Russians get BM-32 for the T-72 and T-80, it will be just fine, because DU dart for the 2a46 is the only way you can balance the RM120