Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

The raw pen is underwhelming, but the performance against sloped is 3rd best in game, and best in caliber. They also nerfed the obus G. The dart for the MBT-70 is almost certainly buffed from historical. The T-64 gets over buffed ammunition for the 2A46 compared to historical, but the very early rounds that it gets are pretty weak. They could just give it later darts that perform at the current levels. I'm almost certain that the object 120 and T-62 dart rounds are gimped as well. I have a hard time believing that a 12kg dart going 1750m/s has the same pen as an 8kg dart going 1550m/s. Unless the L23 is DU while the object 120 dart is not even tungsten but tool steel.

Well I wish that instead of playing with penetration value (and soon armor) they would rather play with BR.

With a bit of luck they'll increase the max BR with the new tanks coming in and maybe decompress the BR a bit at high rank, change a few BR value here and there giving them more room to use plausible pen

It's a great idea - keep on ramping up the grind for higher tiers, and get everyone to need to free exp their way to the latest wonderwaffe.

Their interpretation of the ammo stowage is odd - I can buy a HESH round cooking off (assuming it doesn't deflagrate) damaging the vehicle, but there's a lot less HE in HEAT rounds and they point backwards for a good reason. IIRC M1 crews are told to not stow HEAT rounds in the hull stowage, as there's useful bits of tank behind that rack

3 hours ago, Xlucine said:

It's a great idea - keep on ramping up the grind for higher tiers, and get everyone to need to free exp their way to the latest wonderwaffe.

They did recently reduce the XP and silver cost of rank 3 through 5 so that it is roughly the same time to grind to top tier as it was before. Some tanks saw upwards of a 60% reduction in research requirements. I remember some tanks that used to be 210k XP being reduced to 95k.

This included reducing the research and silver cost of the modules on the vehicles as well as a reduction in repair costs.

I'm very excited about WT's 1.77 update, particularly the sound and graphical updates (because I'm so naff that 90% of my battles are against bots in Custom Games and I like to stop to look at the wavy grass). Bit of a weird side note there: I'm in a Discord server with the creator of the 'Epic Thunder' sound mod (sound mods are no longer banworthy, hooray!). He remarked that the use of the sound layering system was somewhat unwise, and posted a screenshot that showed the devs had apparently just taken a lot of his sound mod files and pasted them in without even changing the file names. According to the ToS, I think they actually can use whatever gets uploaded to WTLive, but it's still bizarre and not really a good look IMHO. And since they did use the version uploaded to WTLive, a lot of the files were outdated.

I'm also somewhat perplexed by the controversy on the WT subReddit about the T-64B allegedly being unfairly buffed against the M1 Abrams. I think it's due in large part to confusion over which versions of the Abrams had what armour. I love tanks and their history, but my knowledge on the Abrams is virtually nonexistent. I was told flattery can get you a long way in life, so what do the handsome experts here think?

So, I log into War Thunder today and see this.

1ERGvC4.jpg

I'm surprised it took this long.....

JK, this came out of the blue since I refrain from using foul language to other players on the basis that being polite, collected, and unrustled is the last thing they would expect, and it usually aggravates them further. Either way, someone has recognized my efforts and has reported me for something, so all is well in the world.

Here's a news post from the dev blog today about how the devs worked in modern MBTs - Modern Tank Realism and Balance:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/5385-development-modern-tank-realism-and-balance-en

Some rather interesting technical documents are linked.

Update: Release!

Dev blog post: https://warthunder.com/en/news/5381-news-meet-update-1-77-advancing-storm-en

Edited by Jamby
Addition - update release video