Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

14 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Doesn't the Nazi KV1 have a super easy to pen German Capola?  Have you heard the rumors they are going to pull the 105 TII and Panther II of the German tech tree, the salt will be so nice!

It does, but I'm a scrub so I can't hit it reliably.

My complaints should all be qualified by that point, come to think of it.

7 hours ago, LULZ said:

Shooting cupola for the most part doesn't do much in WT, depending on the nation youre playing of course

My experience (see above) is that Russian and German shells can do terrible things so long as they get inside the armour somehow. English AP shot is... not so good at hurting things.

Sometimes cupola shots do ridiculous things, if you have enough explosive filler and the right fuse. I've completely crew killed a T-54, including the driver, with one shot from my IS-6 to the commanders cupola. Big enough shells can do other interesting things, too. Like in WoT, IS-6 fights in War Thunder are amusing. I was going for a cupola shot, but I missed and skipped the round off of his turret roof. WT has a 7x overmatch rule, so it wasn't going to plow through like in WoT. However, when you have a large shell hitting thinner armor, it can generate spalling on the other side even without penetration. So, the spalling from the ricochet knocked out everyone in his turret, leaving him on a forced respawn.

I just called the WoWs mods to a duel for "honor violations".  (they dinged me because their client does not play well with my system and Win 7, and they said I was "unsportsmanlike")

Pistols at dawn.  (CZ-75's), then sabres if they survive the magazine. 

I will NOT be slighted in this manner!

The enemy tried to take our cap point, so I had to clear them out. The M4A1 76 heard the bomb falling, backed up to what he thought was a safe distance, and waited. The P-63 just happened to fly overhead and was caught inside the fragmentation radius. The Chaffee survived the explosion, but (I assume because he was demoralized) he quit the match early.

F6av8HT.jpg

81bCsTd.jpg

VYZu58c.jpg

r0F5gOf.jpg

WT = pay 2 keep your sanity. I stopped a couple months ago (with my highest tanks being the Tiger II(H) and Coelian) and just visit the forums because shitposting is fun.

I think the biggest killer for me was it felt like I wasn't rewarded for my loyalty as a player (>3 years), while any asshole and their friend could buy their way to one of the best vehicles in the game (Obj. 120), or troll master Supreme (bIaS-6). 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/412220-development-xm-1-c-and-xm-1-gm-ancestors-of-the-abrams/

Top tier performance just a credit card payment away... Not only do they have armor resistant to 115mm KE and 125mm HEAT, they also have stabilizers... I guess mental paraplegics need to play video games too, because they're giving away all the crutches with these tanks... 

I decided to fire up WT for the first time in a while, and went out in my firefly. After a good match, I got a troublesome IS-1 side-on at around 100m (city battles are fun). I have unlocked the good AP shell (170mm of penetration), so I take a shot on the  ~100mm turret side. 

The shot bounces off the unsloped side, the IS-1 turns its turret around and 1-shots me with 85mm of APHE.

I ragequit.

Do we have a resident Russian plane guy?

I've only worked on a couple Russian/ Soviet aircraft, and they had full instrumentation (Gyro, B&B, Gyrocompass+mag).

So I've been drinking vodka and flying some of the Russian birds, and I noticed many just have have a rate-of-climb, whiskey compass and altimeter, but none of the "basics" I saw in even an AN-2.

Was this lack of instrumentation normal, and if so, what did the pilots of the time think of LL birds that had all the bells and whistles?

So our favorite World of Tanks Hate Wank site has gone from whining non-stop about a game they hate but still play to... white-knighting for camping, shit-tier IS-7 heavy players?

I've hurt the FEELZ sadly...

http://exposingwot.com/blog/2018/05/28/leoaq-shit-talking-moron-extraordinaire/

This diatribe is in defense of... this guy who camps, mills around aimlessly blocking other players, and who refuses to fire a single shot for FOUR minutes despite being a Tier 10 heavy facing Tier 8 and Tier 9 tanks.

Place your bets! What will be the BR of the Leo 2?

1 to 1 for 7.7

5 to 1 for 8.3

10 to 1 for 8.7

20 to 1 for 9.0

100 to 1 for 9.3

10000 to 1 for 9.7+

I'm also expecting to see a thread start on the forums today where filthy Nazi pedos cry about how the Leo 2A4 is under powered and needs an armor buff while having it's BR lowered.