Jump to content
Sturgeon's House
Toxn

WoT v WT effort-thread

Recommended Posts

toxic rant, you have been warned: 

 

Spoiler

FUCKING GAY ASS RETARDED GAME! I HOPE ALL THE DEVELOPERS GET FUCKING LIVER CANCER AND FUCKING DIE ALONE IN SIBERIA! INCONSISTANT, DISSIDENT, AND TERMINALLY INFURIATING!! I HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SURVIVING CANCER (which I have already done) THAN WINNING A FUCKING GAME ON THIS SHITSTAIN THEY CALL ENTERTAINMENT! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beautiful part is that the best game play is still in 7.7 and below, maybe even 8.0, so all these new 9.0+ vehicles are irrelevant. Sure, the are really cool, but end tier game play is nothing but campfest pixel hunt ass cancer anyways. Let the try hards have their fancy new toys, there is plenty of fun to be had elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ulric said:

The beautiful part is that the best game play is still in 7.7 and below, maybe even 8.0, so all these new 9.0+ vehicles are irrelevant. Sure, the are really cool, but end tier game play is nothing but campfest pixel hunt ass cancer anyways. Let the try hards have their fancy new toys, there is plenty of fun to be had elsewhere.

Heh, I find tier 4 and below to be the most fun so far. Here's my present tier ranking:

 

Tier 1 and 2: holy fuck this is fun. Play decently and you can run a game while still actually getting to move around and, you know, enjoy yourself. The competitive balance isn't great, but the variety of skill levels means that this isn't a deal-breaker.

 

Tier 3: camping begins, but you still get to have fun and can roll the dice some on movement. The tanks are now also recognisable. Some competitive balance issues remain, but generally a high-powered gun comes with enough disadvantages so that PzIV-F2 spam (for instance) isn't going to make playing anything else non-viable. Positional play (getting to a good spot fast and then sitting still for the entire match) is starting to become noticeable, and many maps have well-known strategies (which leads to repetitive, static matches on occasion)

 

Tier 4-5: armour is either useless or OP (looking at you, jumbo sherman). Positional play is dominant. A lot of the best vehicles for this style (Hellrat, for instance) are somehow also very unfun to play (you either run rampant or die like a chump, no inbetween). Some nations (Germans, Russians) seem to get a lot more love in terms of post-armour effects. The grind to get to new vehicles means that being stuck with something uncompetitive becomes a nightmare. Everyone now knows the one or two principle strategies for each map in rotation, so matches quickly blur into doing the same thing over and over with a few variations.

 

Tier 6: oh god no

 

Can other folk add in their impressions of tiers 7 and up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Toxn said:

Heh, I find tier 4 and below to be the most fun so far. Here's my present tier ranking:

 

Tier 1 and 2: holy fuck this is fun. Play decently and you can run a game while still actually getting to move around and, you know, enjoy yourself. The competitive balance isn't great, but the variety of skill levels means that this isn't a deal-breaker.

 

Tier 3: camping begins, but you still get to have fun and can roll the dice some on movement. The tanks are now also recognisable. Some competitive balance issues remain, but generally a high-powered gun comes with enough disadvantages so that PzIV-F2 spam (for instance) isn't going to make playing anything else non-viable. Positional play (getting to a good spot fast and then sitting still for the entire match) is starting to become noticeable, and many maps have well-known strategies (which leads to repetitive, static matches on occasion)

 

Tier 4-5: armour is either useless or OP (looking at you, jumbo sherman). Positional play is dominant. A lot of the best vehicles for this style (Hellrat, for instance) are somehow also very unfun to play (you either run rampant or die like a chump, no inbetween). Some nations (Germans, Russians) seem to get a lot more love in terms of post-armour effects. The grind to get to new vehicles means that being stuck with something uncompetitive becomes a nightmare. Everyone now knows the one or two principle strategies for each map in rotation, so matches quickly blur into doing the same thing over and over with a few variations.

 

Tier 6: oh god no

 

Can other folk add in their impressions of tiers 7 and up?

 

I agree with this. 

 

I really enjoy rank two.   3.3 to 3.7 is a sweet spot for the Sherman, and the M10 is a straight-up murder machine at 3.7. 

 

I don't mind higher level planes, but I suck at them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

@T___A time to go play WoT again soon:

Object-279-7-1.jpg

 

Edit:

"Object 279, also known as Warrior of the Apocalypse, was recently tested on some closed internal test at Wargaming office and it’s not planned to be released in the game."

Awwww

 

This came way too late for me to care. It's pretty bitchin, but it's also WoT.....

 

Also, pointless because it's not public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 5:40 AM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

 

I agree with this. 

 

I really enjoy rank two.   3.3 to 3.7 is a sweet spot for the Sherman, and the M10 is a straight-up murder machine at 3.7. 

 

I don't mind higher level planes, but I suck at them. 

 

So I finally found a use for the Sherman 105: take it in as low as possible, and if you get a downtier match then it's pretty survivable and can pen whatever it can see.

 

Pity that PzIV E and F1 are lower tier and better in almost every way (due to their turret drive and ridiculous HEAT round) but that's just how it goes on WT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys hear they took away the airspawn for the P-47? At least I can try playing my A6Ms again, without getting bounced by a squad of douchebags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord_James said:

you guys here they took away the airspawn for the P-47? At least I can try playing my A6Ms again, without getting bounced by a squad of douchebags. 

Not sure why it ever had that.

  If it had trouble getting off the mat, don't allow it on that map, or lengthen the strip (durrrpJustGaijinThings).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ki32 handles like a Pawnee. But with shittier elevator response. Makes sense, it's a longer bird.

You can toss it, but keep the power up.

Manually roll flaps. Don't  waste time stabbing "f".

Tab out of cockpit view to minimize rage. It's another fucking placeholder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Bf110 is same as the old one. Clean, it's heavy, roll is okay but a P-38 will fucking eat it.  If you have stores you are a bomber, treat it as such.

Overall seemed to handle the same. Did not need to boot rudder as much, may have to do with the lack of external stores.

It's not a P-38, and anything with reasonable firepower will smoke it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The memewagon has two very different bands where it is effective. You can use it at short range to hulksmash people into an alternate dimension, or you can use it to remove campers who are so far away that they will not see the shell arcing in to hit their roof armor. My first battle out had a mixture of both; I bagged a T29 and Magach 3 at +800m, a Panther II at 400m, and an M5A1 and T32 at about 100m

 

PrwX4lX.jpg

GEcDPk2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a hidden feature in WT 1.79 patch is a top attack munition, disguised as a 165mm demolition shell. This combines the effects of auto-bounce angles and fuse delay to rain down retarded amounts of shrapnel through weak turret roof and engine deck armor.

 

exd8mEP.jpg

abPltnV.jpg

WZQSJVT.jpg

 

This is repeatable as well.

 

N77XAeD.jpg

iE0Mlzj.jpg

RjzEFQB.jpg

 

And if for some reason you mess up this trick shot, you stand a decent chance of just fusing on the turret roof itself, with the most catastrophic of results. Fools who use this tank will try to go for upper glacis shots, but that will generally limit the shrapnel to the drivers compartment. The correct place to aim is turret faces and roofs, or side hull. Don't worry about fusing on tracks or skirting, the results will be the same.

 

HQPSjoM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronezhilet said:

@Ulric was right, the AVRE is loads of fun, WHEN YOU CAN GET THE FUCKING ANGLES RIGHT. Shooting over obstacles is a nightmare.

 

It takes a lot of time and practice to get used to the drop. That is the skill component of the vehicle that will keep people from saying that it's overpowered. Also, the stadia don't actually correspond with the range, there is roughly 10% error between point of aim and point of impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you were still confused as to whether WT is just another WoT: 

 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/415339-extended-waiting-time-in-queue/&tab=comments#comment-7671916

 

Quote

In connection with the large number of participants waiting in queue for a battle to start, we have temporarily enabled the creation of battles with "all against all" nations in joint battles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×