Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow the insanity grind towards the IS-7 starts. War Thunder IS-7 will either be amazing, or trash. It will be a difficult tank to balance. Too low of a BR, and it will be the condensed, solidified will of Stalin, powered by the will of the proletariat, firing the wrath of the war dead at all who oppose it. Too high of a BR, and it will be facing tanks that were built during the collective pant shitting panic that the Western countries had at the unstoppable red tide of glorious Soviet armor.

3 hours ago, Ulric said:

Tomorrow the insanity grind towards the IS-7 starts. War Thunder IS-7 will either be amazing, or trash. It will be a difficult tank to balance. Too low of a BR, and it will be the condensed, solidified will of Stalin, powered by the will of the proletariat, firing the wrath of the war dead at all who oppose it. Too high of a BR, and it will be facing tanks that were built during the collective pant shitting panic that the Western countries had at the unstoppable red tide of glorious Soviet armor.

I'm probably just going for the T-34E, which can be exchanged for that 8-wheeled German TD which I want (because it looks cool).

0910F53D01C7335A8C6A3B9CF6CB890BE22E72B4

My ravaged XM1 after a fight with two T-64Bs. Somehow I managed to withstand 7-8 hits at point blank range from one of the T-64s. I have no idea how it was possible. I figured it was a combination of poor ammunition choices and the fact I was on a crew respawn. Anyways, XM1 (GM) - 1, T-64B - 0.

6 hours ago, Bronezhilet said:

Well, that was a fucking waste of time. Apparently you can't exchange the T-34E coupon for a Pakwagon if you don't have a T-34E.

I have a Pakwagon (I earned it the hard way): it’s not all that fun, and frankly I feel like I wasted all that time I used to grind it, especially now that I don’t play WT anymore. 

The gun is great (like +30mm pen over normal KwK40 on the Pz.Vors) and good speed, but horrifically vulnerable to anything that finds you... and the horizontal firing arc leaves something to be desired. Think; hellcat without a turret.

Unless you can surprise your enemies, don’t go into close quarters... which is actually the majority of maps Gaijiggle forces you into at those tiers... so you’re lucky if you get over 3 kills on maps like “Advance to the Rhine” or “Poland”, or the enemy team is full of incompetents, which is always an option. If you want a similar experience, play the Marder III H. 

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

Да товарищ, я теперь агент Кремля! ИС-7 - разящая длань Сталина

Maximum MGs for capitalist removal. BTW, do they work in WT? Does mechanized 6 round ammorack work in WT any different from normal?

From what I can tell, all of the MGs work. The mechanised ammo rack is treated as a 6+1 auto loader. War Thunder recently changed how auto loader and ready racks work. If you are not firing, your loaders will begin to replenish them to maximum capacity using ammunition from other ammunition racks.

5 hours ago, Ulric said:

From what I can tell, all of the MGs work. The mechanised ammo rack is treated as a 6+1 auto loader. War Thunder recently changed how auto loader and ready racks work. If you are not firing, your loaders will begin to replenish them to maximum capacity using ammunition from other ammunition racks.

That is better than what i expected from our devs.

I just took a break from studying and decided to hate myself for a while by playing the KV-1S*. After a few crap games I had a barn burner and ran a certain loss down to the wire. 8 Kills, a bunch of assists etc...

... all of which is worth 940 points on an uptier. My screen full of medals and my 20 minutes of carrying netted me less than a 1-capture game in a scout when we win by fluke. God damn this game and the people who made it.

* I actually love the Sport, but damn does it not love me back sometimes.

2 hours ago, Toxn said:

I just took a break from studying and decided to hate myself for a while by playing the KV-1S*. After a few crap games I had a barn burner and ran a certain loss down to the wire. 8 Kills, a bunch of assists etc...

... all of which is worth 940 points on an uptier. My screen full of medals and my 20 minutes of carrying netted me less than a 1-capture game in a scout when we win by fluke. God damn this game and the people who made it.

* I actually love the Sport, but damn does it not love me back sometimes.

394.jpg

12 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

I am seriously going to declare a fatwa on fucking WarThunder. I fucking hate that game so much, and you all are shits for periodically convincing me to install it.

Don't blame is, blame Gaijin for giving us maximum dankness such as Mi-24s, T-55AM, T-80B, UH-1, AH-1, Sargent York, T95 (medium tank) etc etc.