Sturgeon's House
Toxn

WoT v WT effort-thread

7 hours ago, Meplat said:

WT has it's own issues, (mostly with physics not based in reality and "Sekret Dokumentz"), but yes, at least one can say "fuck this noise" and just fly.

Even when you get bottom tier, you don't get tier fucked like you do in WoT. You also have the flexibility to select which tank you want to use. A good example is the 3.7 soviet line up, where the SMK and KV-1 L11 are amazing if they are top, and dog shit in any other situation, but you can offset that with T-34-76s and the 29K, which are solid all around choices, even if you get bottom tier. Not having to chew through 3x your own tanks HP with half the DPM of your opponent really levels the playing field and makes player skill significantly more important.

6 hours ago, Ulric said:

The new patch is really something, and Italian tanks are really fun, but they do need to work on a few things.

uS3ft3T.jpg

Did the patch change the game mechanics, all the tanks feel slower to me? Or is this because I've been playing a racing game?

you've been playing race games, I haven't noticed any mobility change. If you want to play race games, though, you could go down the Italian tree, they have some armored cars made by Ferrari!

On 12/26/2018 at 4:27 PM, EnsignExpendable said:

WoT had those Chaffee races that were really fun, did they ever do an event like that again?

Allegedly it's on the books to bring that back next year

Among other things

7 hours ago, Collimatrix said:

I bet a game where you raced Kettenkrads would be fun as shit.  Those things look like they would be really janky and unstable while turning at speed.

They are.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:51 AM, LoooSeR said:

Lootbox tank -  now 55 000 new vehicles on EU server, lol.

Of greater interest, FINALLY video proof that a Tier 8 tank has been top tier in a WoT match, and not jammed with Tier 10s like what happens 9 out of 10 games.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:26 AM, Xlucine said:

WoWS is pretty fun

WoWS is odd. For new players, you typically get sorted into games with 2-3 players per team and the rest bots. These are pretty easy to play, and it's easy to feel good about your performance (especially if you play aggressively).

Once you hit some magic number (possibly number of battles, or tier), you get normal matches with players filling all the slots. This is a fundamentally different game, as players are a lot better than the bots - suddenly the aggressive gameplay that works well against bots just gets you killed quickly.

I'm still re-calibrating to adjust for this.

So I just unlocked the T30.  Thanks to overmatch and its Russian levels of slope modifiers on the M112B1 ABPC shell, it can kill a T-64A through the front hull from at least 500m (same with the T-55AM-1 and IS-6).  Haven't really had much of a chance yet to play it much.