Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

The number of times that I have fired HE at Skorpions and RHMs, only to have the round go right into the gun and did literally nothing to them is amazing. I'd put it on par if not greater than the number of bullshit bounces that you get on the AMX-13 series tanks.

Also, the console devs have been provided us with a comparative example of just how inept the PC devs are. Console is getting in game armor models, in game module models, weather effects, environmental effects, and the fucking Chieftain Mk 6.... Basically everything that the PC crowd has wanted and been asking for over the past couple years. I guess they have an easier time because all the work they do applies to only one system with little hardware variation, but that is still not really an excuse for the poor management of the PC development.

I think the saving grace is that so many of the Skorpion jockeys I see are literally retarded and/or bots. This is just my observation but they are generally some of the first ones deaded on the map when spotted.

So anyone else doing the mission to get a free T-44-100? 

I've finished the Czechoslovakian branch and the Kraut branch so far.

2/3s of the way through the Soviets using my ideologically sound T-44 and ISU-152 to derp thin skinned vehicles.

And I've got a smattering of kills and xp in the other five countries.

Soon™

uWdnEMY.jpg

I was going to make you guys an imgur album of the server, but it closed quite literally a few seconds ago.  Only got the A1E1 done, then some random ones I sent on skype and a bonus pic.  http://imgur.com/a/JKsWB

KV-122 (4880 gold, BR 6.0):  A slightly worse IS-2, but premium
GaZ with DsHK (BR 1.0):  pew pew
ZSU 23-4 Shilka (BR 8.0):  several times more pew

M163 Vulcan (BR 8.0):  top pew
T20 (1750 gold BR 4.3):  Looks legit good.  Same BR as the M4A2 75mm, 20 km/h reverse speed, but a 51mm turret face for some reason.
M56 Scorpion (BR 6.7):  Drives like a golf cart, 20 km/h reverse speed.  Probably only good in RB and SB.

FV438 Swingfire (BR 8.0):  SACLOS, 14 missiles, 185m/s, 500mm pen
FV4202 (BR 6.0):  Someone can actually make a model of a FV 4202 that looks like the real thing!
A1E1 Independent (2100 gold BR 1.3):  Can move and make turns, unlike a T-35.  3pdr gun seems nice, plus you get 16000 rounds of MG ammo.  8 crew

8.8 cm FlaK.37 Sfl. (BR 3.7):  Final solution for KV-1 and T-34.  88mm gun at BR 3.7 with a 5 second reload.
Leopard A1A1 (BR 8.0):  "more armor"
FlakPz I Gepard (BR 8.0):  Gets HVAP with 112mm pen at point blank.  Lots of dakka
RakjPz 2 HOT (BR 8.0):  SACLOS, 20 missiles, 240m/s, 800mm pen

Planes I'll just list.  Didn't get the BRs in time.  Will list the ones I remember.

Su-6 (BR 5.3)

F9F8 (BR ?)

Brigand B 1 (BR 5.?)
Hudson MkV (1000 gold BR 3.0)

BV-238v-1  (Premium BR 3.0):  Absolutely huge, lots of dakka, 20x 250 kg bombs

P1Y1 mod11 (BR 5.?)
Ki-87 (premium pack BR 6.?)
J1N1 mod.11 (BR 1.7

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/330625-preliminary-update-notes-for-163-desert-hunters/

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/330624-development-sneak-peek-for-war-thunder-update-163-desert-hunters/

I was browsing through my tier 8 IS tanks, and I noticed that IS-3 lacks log. Initially I was concerned by this shortcoming, but then it dawned on me that if the IS-3 had log in the same manner that the 5 and 6 does, it would truly be OP. Maybe the balance department isn't completely on crack.

There's a few French planes being added in the upcoming WT patch, though they're all hidden inside the client (Potez 630, Potez 633, VG-33, VB 10 C1, and the Mb 157).  French plane tree seems to be Soon™

And I'm betting they'll be event planes.

And there there are French tanks...

Long as people keep making them I'll fly Spits and Tempests in Clostermann's markings, and my Dewotine.