Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

I've progressed down the American line in WT, and playing at BR 5.3, the 3.7 P-51 is still the best plane in my line-up. It climbs and maneuvers on par with everything else at that BR and outguns most of it. I'm confused how it got given BR 3.7

Because Gaijin partially balanced BR based on performance stats. (IIRC).

Loads of people apparently race up the line to the '51, without really knowing what they are doing, slewing the balance..

Because Gaijin partially balanced BR based on performance stats. (IIRC).

Loads of people apparently race up the line to the '51, without really knowing what they are doing, slewing the balance..

I'd have suspected that other planes would get shafted worse, but I guess I don't mind getting "skill matters" just about every game I take the P-51 out in

The weaboo tanks in WT are probably going to break my WT tanks hiatus.  It works out well that the only Jap tanks I'm interested with in the first place are low tiers.  It's a shame that the 120mm derp Chi Ha is a pre order tank though.

Also funny is gaijin doing as bad on the STA-2 and STA-2 as WG did with the FV 4202.  The driver's hatch on the STA-1 is near the size of the turret roof and the turret on the STA-2 is so small that it doesn't use any of the hull hanging over the tracks.

Wow. I cannot believe people actually bought those "black" premium tanks.

For me, I think WoT is wearing out its welcome. The continual power creep, the wehraboo wet-dream tanks, the complete ineffectiveness of the reporting system, MM's seeming inability to count, all of it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I haven't even mentioned the teams. NA West never seemed to have the brightest bulbs in the box, but when I get multiple streaks of straight ~3-15 losses like I just did tonight, I just lose all faith.    

I play NA Worst full time and the teams are streaky, particularly at certain times. I wish they never split the servers.

I'm wondering if the Black tanks are folks who haven't bought the counterparts? Or are there that many people with a credit card who must COLLECT THEM ALL.

I've never bought a Premium tank so I wouldn't know. (All of mine are the free gifts or won in the Missions).

Also I wonder when WoT will get a complete rejiggering of its game mechanics like this so-called "Sandbox" I hear everyone blather about.

I can't be arsed to bother worrying about it myself but I'm surprised they haven't added atmosphere, night games, weather, and smoke like in World of Boats.

The next Sandbox iteration is supposed to come before the end of February

So does the Japanese line ever get better? I've played the first few Japanese planes and it's absolutely miserable spraying 2x7.7s at enemies for five minutes before being lit on fire by a stray bullet

Once you get the Nakajima A6M2-N, you get the dual 20 mm cannons in the wings, and will absolutely wreck anyone foolish enough to sit in front of your guns or turnfight with you. The Ki-61s are also pretty decent once they get 12.7 mms, and there is the deadly first Ki-45 (the 37 mm ones have shit ammo counts, but the first one has a 20 mm cannon)

Tried out the "nerfed" Krunkvagn on the test server last night. My assessment is that it will allow my team a little better opportunity to get in damage while I am utterly raping the enemy team with a still OP as ballz loltraktor. The mobility has been nerfed down to IS-7 levels, and it still has 100 more DPM, twice the gun depression, and (frontally) a better turret.