Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

I hardly ever get killed by arty. Not one-shot catastrophes. But then again I'm up on the front lines or ducking in and out of cover and relying on my 6th Sense.

Now I will get finished off on occasion by arty when I'm low hit points. And of course if I'm in a scout but that doesn't count.

I have never run XVM but I can tell when the opponents run it since I'm obviously being targeted as  "threat" when they should be knocking out other easier targets. And I'm just a "Green" player.

If I wanted to sell my WoT account, how would I go about that?

Convert to a disposable email (assuming you did not use one in the first place), possibly change username, list online on one of the innumerable account sale sites.

Just platoon with someone who has purpler stats, arty will never shoot you again

Meh. I've platooned with Jeeps and Sturgeon and - while they're not purple - I didn't see any change in arty targeting against me.

The main issue was me playing slightly more tentative while on their platoon because I didn't want to fuck up.

With that said, XVM sucks.

Dunno if WG actively looks for account sales or not, but make sure not to list anything that would make it easy to identify the account

I would be amazed if they were giving a fuck, in the slightest, about people selling accounts.

Same thing as bots/hacks/mods. They functionally only give lip service to the subject. (Automated reporting system anyone? )

So-

Unless you're a rampant dipshit and draw massive attention to yourself, you'll likely never be bothered by WG staff.

I would be amazed if they were giving a fuck, in the slightest, about people selling accounts.

Same thing as bots/hacks/mods. They functionally only give lip service to the subject. (Automated reporting system anyone? )

So-

Unless you're a rampant dipshit and draw massive attention to yourself, you'll likely never be bothered by WG staff.

It's effectively butting in on WG's sales to sell your account to someone, IE if someone were to buy my account, they're buying tanks/gold/XP that WG would be charging for otherwise. WG may not care about the game, but they do demonstratively care about their bottom line. Wouldn't surprise me if they occasionally have someone do some internet searches and see if someone is stupid enough to name the account they're trying to sell, but dunno if they take it seriously enough to have any 'cyberpolice' on payroll 

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized we had this thread. I would like to affirmably say, fuck War Thunder. Excuse my language but that game has just gotten so bad since I started playing it back in late 2013. The game is also boringly repetitive without premium. WoT is actually do-able without premium but War Thunder kills me to play without it. And also ATGM's kinda crapped on Sim battles.

WT is adequate for lower tier tank battles that I've played (think the highest thing I have is a T-70, haven't played in a while), but higher shit looks horrifying.

It's a shame WoWP was such a disaster, because I would like to have a planes game that isn't WT. Also, I would kill for a multiplayer flight sim thing set in about the 1945-1975 timeframe.

2 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

WT is adequate for lower tier tank battles that I've played (think the highest thing I have is a T-70, haven't played in a while), but higher shit looks horrifying.

It's a shame WoWP was such a disaster, because I would like to have a planes game that isn't WT. Also, I would kill for a multiplayer flight sim thing set in about the 1945-1975 timeframe.

I have Tier 5 tanks in all available nations except Japan and it's honestly really bad. T-54 Mod1951's vs Leopard A1A1's and M103's is actually do-able as i've done, but you really get shit on hard as late Tier Russians contrary to what people say.

Yeah the tanks side of things seems very grindy, even with premium, and just isn't very fun, granted I'm still new to it, and not very good, but WOT plays better. I don't plan on going much further than getting all the Shermans in the game. 

I'm only interested in WWII and maybe the very end of the war prop jobs on the plane side.