Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

On 5/12/2017 at 9:44 PM, Sturgeon said:

I see you have merged with the Internet totally, then.

Haha,No, just more than one system available.  

On 5/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Belesarius said:

If you used a P-38 it isn't dead for sure. Gotta use a .45!! :P

It was a POS, 9X19 was fine. Now it resided in the recycle bin.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:47 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

For a beast like a dell, you need the stopping power of a .45ACP! 

But it was a cheap, obsolete contrivance that took up too much space for too little performance or reliability. So the P-38 was appropriate.

21 hours ago, Xlucine said:

2004742646_712fdabec0_z.jpg

There was no regret. Already have another built up from parts .

On 5/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, Meplat said:

Okay, just executeded my towewr... Literally.  As in stuffedd a P-38 in it's ass and pulled the trigger.

Yes, I shot my computer. Three times.. Fuck that dell POS..

I must really need to be getting more sleep, because for a good few seconds there I was having quite a time picturing you murdering your computer with one of these held firmly in hand. 

47 minutes ago, StrelaCarbon said:

I must really need to be getting more sleep, because for a good few seconds there I was having quite a time picturing you murdering your computer with one of these held firmly in hand. 

It could have also been the P38 can opener..

But if I had the means, driving the thing out to a field and reducing it to shreds via the P-38 you posted would have been a wonderful (if not a bit pricey) cathartic.

31 minutes ago, Donward said:

Considering this is the WoT/Wart Chunder thread, hasn't Gaijin nerfed the P-38 into oblivion?

(It's been a couple years for me)

The L models are out, as are some of the earlier marks.

Underwing stores are still not right across marks.

The bigger issue is tiering.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:32 PM, Meplat said:

Okay, just executeded my towewr... Literally.  As in stuffedd a P-38 in it's ass and pulled the trigger.

Yes, I shot my computer. Three times.. Fuck that dell POS..

We have a new record for "Most Meplat comment ever made on the forums."

Just my anecdotal observation. But playing WoT, it seems like the Chrysler K is generally driven by paste-eating retards who are one of the first to die in each match, and who always seem to park their tank so the front 1/4 of the tank is poking out of every angle or corner or around each hillside.

I've already killed several of them and it doesn't seem "OP" to me.

Now maybe that's because I haven't run into any genuinely good players driving the thing who know how to optimize it.

21 minutes ago, Donward said:

Just my anecdotal observation. But playing WoT, it seems like the Chrysler K is generally driven by paste-eating retards who are one of the first to die in each match, and who always seem to park their tank so the front 1/4 of the tank is poking out of every angle or corner or around each hillside.

I've already killed several of them and it doesn't seem "OP" to me.

Now maybe that's because I haven't run into any genuinely good players driving the thing who know how to optimize it.

Unlike the Defender, the Chrysler is a one-trick-pony, and it's very good at that trick. But it's a trick scrubs don't really know how to do. Since the Defender is a good all-rounder, even if you use it wrong it can still give you good results. If you use the Chrysler in a way it's not intended to be used, you're going to get wrecked quickly. But since everyone and their mother screamed it's an OP tank, it must be OP in every situation, right? Right!?

IS-3 vs an angled Chrysler:

81a2deade1.png

The best chance of penetration is that tiny area above the track, which is a 50% chance. The lower plate goes from 47% to 27% chance of penetration.

Of course if you can find a rock or a house to hide the lower plate behind you're invulnerable.

But who the fuck has seen clueless pubbies angling a tank?

Oh yeah, once you work out the multi-turret deal, you can pull wacky broadsides, with rolling fire on targets.

The shot damage is still wonky, but "meh". I quit expecting accuracy in reproduction a while ago.

1 hour ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Looks fun. How do the multiple turrets work? Do they all try to aim at wherever your main gun is pointing? How do you decide which ones to fire? Can you lock on/engage multiple targets at once?

By default, all the secondary turrets will attempt to track the point of aim of the primary turret. Ballistic drop and parallax error will play with the POI of secondary turrets, though. I went in and set up the controls so I can independently fire the turrets while aiming all of them, and so I can cycle through the secondary turrets, or aim only the primary. You should also set up a key so you can switch back to controlling all the turrets. My current control scheme is:

default turret control: ~

primary turret: num4

secondary turret cycle: num5

machinegun turret cycle: num6

Secondary turret fire (while in default turret control): mouse 5

I wish I could get a mouse that was worth a damn that had buttons for all my fingers, that way I could move all the selection controls to the mouse.

Independently controlling the machineguns can also be very useful. There rear facing DSHK on the SMK is basically worthless, otherwise, and top mounted M2s gain quite a bit of flexibility. Anti aircraft fire become more accurate, and you can also fire at this skinned vehicles from a turret down position.