Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Well, my elderly copy of "Janes WW2 fighters" is tit's up.

Means I'm playing Wartchunder. And all I hear are the pipes, from my stupidly old Mac in the corner. 

The .Pipes.

If you see a really pissed off guy in a low tier brit plane or tank badgering into the op team..May be me. 

Bourboun, pipes and armour....

On 8/26/2017 at 5:02 AM, LoooSeR said:

So they decided to go full T-64A instead of first T-64? lol. 

"Coming soon,the limited edition "Dahak" from David Weber's works. Yes, you too can use a "tank, massing the same as earth's moon,and possesing never before seen firepower . All for a mere $22,750 dollars... A small price to ensure you NEVER EVER are outgunned. Unless you encounter another Dahak, HAHA!".

Buy now!

• 2 weeks later...

The T-34 is really fun, but it has a lot of deficiencies. There armor can keep out the ankle biters, but anything at it's own BR will go through it. The gun will murder anything it pens, but it has worse penetration, depression angles, and reload time compared to it's competitors. 

It's like how the Type 59 used to be in WoT: It doesn't excel at anything in particular, but it can do everything well enough to make it a very flexible vehicle.

5 hours ago, Meplat said:

So, is it just me or has WOT turned into a sterile  FPS?

I've only played one game in like two months.  It was a few nights ago, took the T69 out for a spin since it's new model is very pretty.   I didn't get killed by arty and did pretty well, but WT is more interesting right now.

The last two times that I've played WoT in the past two months (maybe longer) had just been low tier seal clubbing with some of my old clan. I can't bring myself to care about anything new in that game.

The new premium Centurion is a great example of what is wrong with WoT. First, it's recycled content. They just took an existing tech tree tank, slapped some hideous camo on it, and called it good. They didn't try to differentiate it in a meaningful way that effects it's game play. Second, they just make things up to fit whatever whimsical notions they have that day, like adding a fifth crewman to a tank that was designed to have only 4. Yeah, it works with the idiotic promotion event that your are doing, but how does this work with the tech tree? Does any other tank in the swedish tree take a five man crew? Third, they are charging way too much for what essentially amounts to nothing. These "loaded" packs cost twice as much as comparable packs in WT. Over there, the IS-6 pack costs $40, and it gets you a very good tank, a decent amount of gold, and some premium time. WG would sell that same pack for $80.

The sad thing is that WoT in its current incarnation is a pretty damn good game mechanically now that they've fixed a lot of the issues involving MM and Arty that folks have been bitching and moaning about.

Trouble is the fix has come about four years too late and the population/community playing WoT is absolute dogshit with the outcome of games being decided entirely on how many bots and South American fucktards happen to be on one side compared to the other. 

f4u_06_1280h720_b0e3772958b06a46d8a527df

I'm stoked, the current Corsair models are all smelly shit, they -1 models have cockpit floors for fucks sake!  The prop hubs look like a 60s monogram model they are so ugly and wrong. 

They don't say they are upgrading the old ones, but it would be a travesty not to.  

22 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

f4u_06_1280h720_b0e3772958b06a46d8a527df

I'm stoked, the current Corsair models are all smelly shit, they -1 models have cockpit floors for fucks sake!  The prop hubs look like a 60s monogram model they are so ugly and wrong. 

They don't say they are upgrading the old ones, but it would be a travesty not to.  

I'd be happy if they did not keep deleting  Franz Stigler  109's, or shitting on people trying to model Clostermann's birds via constant model changes. 

I have not even tried finding proper "pappy" B-25models or  a "Black-Sheep" Corsair as of late.

And at one time I had ~ 15 gigs of accurate WT models.  Now? 

GG WT, way to stifle creativity and quash what made people want to play the game, at all. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I'll refrain from sharing too many of my after action reports, but this was a great one. Easily one of the most intense matches I've played. I spent the entire time at the northern flag on Abandoned Factory. At a few points it was down to me and a T-50 holding down the flag. 14 kills without ever getting knocked out. I daresay I'm getting the hang of this.

I find it amusing that we've now got a vehicle from the 50s in tier 2 (the BTR-152A).  I still need to make myself stop being lazy and do some WT or Crossout with you all sometime.  I believe I've mentioned it before, but I do own a T-35.

My precious A-26C that I earned through knowing how to use a German proxy also gets 2 additional MGs, something that is nice and that I think the patch notes missed.  Gaijin's idea of updating a plane's skin seems to be by flying it through a couple sandstorms though.

So, in the training room, I was knocking out Chieftain Mk 10s at +2km with the T-64A, using the basic dart round. I was only penned once in PvP gameplay when a T-62 put a dart round near my mantlet. It knocked out my gun breach and commander, but I was able to safely retreat and remedy the damage.

The dart round on this thing is basically a laser. It has some accuracy issues in that occasionally you will get a flyer, but it still gets the job done.