Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

7 hours ago, Ulric said:

Kharkovite tractor is satisfactory.

CzKOj5o.jpg

Umm.. i think T-64A had steel-aluminium-steel layout of its layered armor. Textolite was introduced on later models. Also, no driver hatch weakspot on UFP? And turret armor looks strange a bit, is areas near gun a weakspot?

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

So, in the training room, I was knocking out Chieftain Mk 10s at +2km with the T-64A, using the basic dart round. I was only penned once in PvP gameplay when a T-62 put a dart round near my mantlet. It knocked out my gun breach and commander, but I was able to safely retreat and remedy the damage.

The dart round on this thing is basically a laser. It has some accuracy issues in that occasionally you will get a flyer, but it still gets the job done.

For the record, I don't blame you guys for muting me. I would too. As they say, "then he got mad."

I will come back to the game when I have some patience, which I evidently didn't this evening. Priority one is getting out of shitty tiers.

8 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

For the record, I don't blame you guys for muting me. I would too. As they say, "then he got mad."

I will come back to the game when I have some patience, which I evidently didn't this evening. Priority one is getting out of shitty tiers.

Wait, there are not-shitty tiers?

15 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Hopefully tiers where I can line up on people before they can shoot and kill me in one hit, yes.

You're an optimistic soul.

Then again; I've been having fun with realistic air battles again - early-model IL-2 relieve you of the burden of worrying whether you'll make it back home (you won't) and P-40s and P-39s relieve you of the burden of climb meta.

1 hour ago, LoooSeR said:

Umm.. i think T-64A had steel-aluminium-steel layout of its layered armor. Textolite was introduced on later models. Also, no driver hatch weakspot on UFP? And turret armor looks strange a bit, is areas near gun a weakspot?

It's hard to tell from that angle, but the driver position does have some armor in front of it cut out.  Turret by the gun is pretty weak.  100mm right by the mantlet, 250mm with no special armor if you're a little less centered.

xBwwJFA.jpg

3 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

It's hard to tell from that angle, but the driver position does have some armor in front of it cut out.  Turret by the gun is pretty weak.  100mm right by the mantlet, 250mm with no special armor if you're a little less centered.

xBwwJFA.jpg

So at least armor layout looks to be close to actual T-64A. Also, those skirts should be destroyable by driving through some trees and walls.

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

The areas around the gun are a weak point, and the backside of the upper glacis has a large vertical cut out around the driver position. I don't know how those panels behave yet when encountering objects, most of the time driving it was spent either terrain masking my way to a firing position, or playing darts on enemy tanks from those positions.

4 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

We didn't mute you, there was just no response that we could have made at that time.

10 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Either you both felt that there was nothing you could say to "hello? You guys there? Guys?" or something broke. I assumed you muted me because I was being loud.

We didn't hear that part. I think something broke because we thought that you rage quit when you suddenly disconnected.

The last thing we heard was something along the lines of a sarcastic "that's great, this is so much fun" followed by "user disconnected from channel"

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

We didn't hear that part. I think something broke because we thought that you rage quit when you suddenly disconnected.

The last thing we heard was something along the lines of a sarcastic "that's great, this is so much fun" followed by "user disconnected from channel"

I mean, I did ragequit.

WT has an ez pz event for getting a cartoon plane.  You only need 50 kills in US Tier III-V planes in AB or 25 in RB.  Clubbing with the P-47D in AB makes this pretty trivial.  The best part of that screencap is I wasn't even trying to play good, I had cranked the yolo up to 11 and already reached 50 kills by the time I brought out the P-47D-25.

NltdvSV.jpg

L8k9K28.png

So, I discovered that having a couple dozen L11s flinging APDS at you from 3 different sides can destroy any tank, and I was getting frustrated with my attempts to dig in and fend off waves of impirealist or wehraboo scum from a poorly entrenched position. So, I grabbed my Object 906 and drove around like a retard freely dispensing 85mm APHE into the sides of the unwashed hordes, occasionally bouncing KwK 43 or L1/L11 shots off of my aluminum foil "armor".

3 minutes ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Jeez, how are they supposed to balance the T-64? Does it wreck everything, or was it nerfed into the ground?

T-64A isn't that advanced, side armor is pretty weak IRL and 2 frontal weakspots located near each other (driver hatch weakspot in upper part of UFP and area near gun), should be affecting its perfomance, as well as gun elevation/depression stats. Plus other softstats to play around.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:32 AM, LoooSeR said:

Really?  I thought that even T-64 had textolite on the glacis, but steel-aluminum-steel on the turret.  Sometimes.  Because there were a bunch of variations of the turret armor that aren't indicted by any sort of designation sub-type.  But I thought that T-64 always had a textolite glacis.

But I defer to your superior knowledge of Ukranian lawnmowers.

Jeez, how are they supposed to balance the T-64? Does it wreck everything, or was it nerfed into the ground?

It's up against a bunch of slate of fairly advanced opponents.  USA and West Germany get MBT-70/KPZ-70, US also gets M60A3 with reactive armor and APFSDS, and the UK gets Chieftain mk. 10 with Stillbrew add-on armor and 1980s-era L23 APFSDS.  If it were up against only NATO tanks that were actually in service at the same time, yes, it would obviously steamroll everything into a dense blob of all-steel tank corpses.