Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Gaijin seems to be running their anniversary sale thing, so stuff's 50% off.  I've got 4720 gold left on my account with no intention to buy more, so I'm wondering if I should put that towards the T114 for 4010ge, or get the American Grant for 1000ge and left the rest to spend elsewhere.

Anyone have any experience with the T114?

The T114 is a meme mobile, that's about it. It can be nasty, but it can't carry. Plus side, you get to run it in a completely baller 6.7 American line up, and it doesn't care about facing 7.7s. In my opinion, it would come down to what BR you play at more.

I haven't driven T114s, but I've killed plenty, and I've only been killed by them a handful of times. They are great ambush vehicles. If you already have the T29, M26E1, and Super Hellcat, then yeah, go for it.

So I tried some WT tanks again after a long break and that part of the game is now practically unplayable now for me.  I don't know what changed between the last time I played and now, but steering feels like I've always got at least 500ms ping, if not more.  There's no such thing as making minor adjustments to the way I'm heading, the quickest tap I can put on my A or D key is still going to put me in a turn for almost half a second.  Steering armored cars is bad enough as it is, but trying to play it while not being able to turn less than 45° in a turn is just disgusting.

I've done multiple battles in various vehicles to make sure it's not just some specific vehicle, but it's something with the game itself right now.  Whether I'm on the NA server with 50ms ping and no packet loss or the EU one with 120ms, I still get the same problem.

I passed on the T114 as well since I prefer stuff at tier 3 and lower, so I really don't want to dump all of my GE on a tier 4 meme.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I like to repeatedly bash my head against the brick wall that is the suggestions section of WT, do these battleships sound decent for a battleship test, to see if WT (and the community) can handle such large ships? 

USS Nevada (1941) 

KMS Scharnhorst (1935) 

Parizhskaya Kommuna (1938) 

HMS Warspite (1937) 

Fuso (1938) 

Guilio Cesare (1937) 

Strasbourg (1939) 

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Well, at least these are official WG bots making up half the teams now instead of 3rd party grind bots. They will be more reliable than most of the human players anyways.

Meanwhile, in WT: Italian ground forces, supersonic jets, AAMs and countermeasures, more modern vehicles, and more boats.

1 hour ago, Ulric said:

Well, at least these are official WG bots making up half the teams now instead of 3rd party grind bots. They will be more reliable than most of the human players anyways.

Meanwhile, in WT: Italian ground forces, supersonic jets, AAMs and countermeasures, more modern vehicles, and more boats.

Long ago, I predicted that the number of players picking up (and staying with) the game would drop, if WG did not encourage and reward low tier play, instead of making them stepping stones in a race toward top tier.

Adding bots might be a temporary fix, but it's not going to solve things.

Offering single player missions and play (perhaps at reduced XP/ cash payout) and making garage space much cheaper (if not free/unlimited)  with cosmetic or equipment rewards, for actually putting some time in lower tier vehicles and learning the game, MIGHT remedy the damage and change the course the game is taking.

Instead of it being a simple and depressing race to top tier, it might give it a bit of depth.

2 hours ago, Meplat said:

Long ago, I predicted that the number of players picking up (and staying with) the game would drop, if WG did not encourage and reward low tier play, instead of making them stepping stones in a race toward top tier.

Adding bots might be a temporary fix, but it's not going to solve things.

Offering single player missions and play (perhaps at reduced XP/ cash payout) and making garage space much cheaper (if not free/unlimited)  with cosmetic or equipment rewards, for actually putting some time in lower tier vehicles and learning the game, MIGHT remedy the damage and change the course the game is taking.

Instead of it being a simple and depressing race to top tier, it might give it a bit of depth.

In addition to many other aspects of WT that I like more than WoT, one of the biggest is the fact that it doesn't really feel like a race to the top. There are certain bands that you want to play in to optimize your MM results, but I have been able to have quite a bit of fun at almost any BR.

2 hours ago, Ulric said:

In addition to many other aspects of WT that I like more than WoT, one of the biggest is the fact that it doesn't really feel like a race to the top. There are certain bands that you want to play in to optimize your MM results, but I have been able to have quite a bit of fun at almost any BR.

WT has it's own issues, (mostly with physics not based in reality and "Sekret Dokumentz"), but yes, at least one can say "fuck this noise" and just fly.

4 hours ago, Meplat said:

WT has it's own issues, (mostly with physics not based in reality and "Sekret Dokumentz"), but yes, at least one can say "fuck this noise" and just fly.

Yeah, there is never a weight for a 3.7ish match. And 3.7 is pretty balanced.  3.7 to 4.8 is where I make my money too, higher than that repair starts cutting into it, and lower you just don't make much.