Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

On 3/15/2019 at 5:23 PM, Lord_James said:

I hadn’t realized the Russian were a whole year ahead of the US in proximity fused AA technology, considering the Moskva (1941 leader) has ZS-46R (as well as Tashkent 1942 and Kirov 1941)... 

ZS-46R is from late 1950-x, it's a soviet time travelling round, not the first nor the last.

Not surprising, Soviet Union didn't need a proximity fuse they had to sort out other problems like missing naval radars, for ships,submarines which were given by UK.

There was a report about that round but it was about the last letter being wrong.

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 10:15 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

It's good, it's like an M18 with armor, so you don't have to worry about being machinegunned.   It also goes very fast in reverse. 

Speaking of "Reverse" wait til you get the MBT70. Zero to "Plaid" in reverse, quite well.

I think I may be banned from World Of Warplanes soon.

Somehow it got installed on my new box, and I'm playing it.

People do not know how to fly.  

I am getting 10 to 1 ratios at low tier. (which is as far as I got before I ditched it).

Your rudder is your friend.  (apparently a pro-tip).

• 1 month later...

Ah.

Do not bring the M163 into low tier battles.

Not only does it shred, the ridiculous M113 chassis it is based on seems to be absurdly manuverable.

So. If you want to annoy people, load "M163 VADS", in a low tier private, murder as many as you can then say, "Oh, All I have now is a T-32."..

If you are in Kentucky, you WILL hear the screaming from Missouri and Michigan, as PzIII;s work to pen that monster. 

So I started having issues where using the sniper scope thingy in tank battles would cause weird graphical errors and randomly crash the computer.

This got really bad one night, and the next time I started my computer up Windows was borked, would not start up out of safe mode, and could not be repaired using console commands et al.

Meaning that War Thunder is so kak that it bricked my PC :ian:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay. Phantoms.  Yeah.

Then Mig 21's. (Which  I really looked forward to.  The MiG 21 is a "Grail" plane right after I get a F86F and F4D/E).

All that aside. They decided to introduce a plane  I saw in Japan.

And call it a "T2"..

No son, That was as much a "trainer" as the F104 was for  NASA astronauts.

That, is a F-1, and it is amazing. 

You can run full burner on intercepts, forever .

Light  arms, but it has a M61 20MM as backup.

Not that you;ll need it.  Your burners will be all the defense you need,  You can literally just
BOOOOFFFFFFF away from enemies.  As in " Go from "oh shit" to "Wow that sucked glad I can now take some to turn around and load some pain" , in less time than it took to type and edit that sentence.

Get this plane.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 5:41 AM, Toxn said:

Hmmmm, for them to gain experience points to upgrade their virtual tanks, they would have to play mostly the online multiplayer... which is certainly how real life warfare is fought... 

*has flashbacks to kamikaze Ju-87s and Uber flanking, spawn camping light tanks* 

5 minutes ago, Lord_James said:

Hmmmm, for them to gain experience points to upgrade their virtual tanks, they would have to play mostly the online multiplayer... which is certainly how real life warfare is fought... 

*has flashbacks to kamikaze Ju-87s and Uber flanking, spawn camping light tanks* 

From the looks of it they are using reserve vehicles.

They should move to Enlisted.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Really enjoying the new War Thunder Patch.   DLSS support they added works with my video card so the game looks great and runs a little better.  The new effects are cool.  I like the new Forrestal Carrier in the game!  They also made it so the Garage shows the vehicle selected, and then two other vehicles from the preset in the background.   The weather changes in the Garage too.