Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

US 90mm guns in WT are the most glorious bullshit, and the best analogue I can come up with WT would be if all 90mm guns started doing 750 damage instead of 240. It gets better as you go up to Era 5, where only US and Russia are relevant.

"Hey guys, I've got the Maus now, and and a Jagdtiger!"

"That's nice Germany, can you go play while mommy and daddy talk?"

Gaijin has some of the most hilariously screwed up gunnery and shot damage modelling I've seen yet. 

M-18 bouncing a Pzgr39? Check! (I had to stop playing, I was laughing so hard)

PzKfwII bouncing the 76mm M62? Check! (seen it numerous times..)

38T unaffected by a 105mm HE shot? Yep, checkamundo.

And the real winner- I-15 unaffected by 105mm HE.  Hit indicated by game, shell makes a big fluffy cloud, plane continues on unimpeded.

Basically it's a game of "pin the tail on the donkey", except you have to pin numerous tails on the same donkey, in specific places, (and it's a real donkey.)

Gaijin has a new feature on the Russian forums to discourage people from bitching about the quality of the game: play three games a day, or you don't get to post.

They are trying to implement it in the NA forum as well.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/240857-news-game-activity-and-forum-permissions/

"You have 8,000 battles but you didn't play three games today? YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE OPINIONS."

That is putting it mildly in some cases. 

There are some players who have been involved since the game's inception, trying to make the game better and help others have fun in it, and this one stupid act by Gaijin seems to have pushed them over the edge.

I'm betting the staff at WG are "Sensibly Chuckling " at what Gaijin has done. Between how they're nerfbatting U.S TD's, and chasing people out of their forums, they are basically chasing customers toward Wargaming's offerings.

It's amusing to think that the one thing that saves WoWP is Gaijin shooting itself in the foot, then expiring of the resultant customer exsanguination, because they were too stupid and stubborn to do anything about it.

Ever since I started playing World of Tanks, August 28 of 2011, I've been hearing about this other game and how it was going to be so much better. It's four years now and I've even tried to play Wart Chunder and tried to be part of their neo-Nazi forum community. There is literally nothing that they've done which makes me want to spend time there. Literally it came down to me saying "Fuck it" after I damaged my tank one too many times running over a useless stump or rock on the way to stop a capture. That and bouncing shots in my Soviet anti-aircraft gun truck while I LOL killed ten enemy tanks with it.

Nah. If the Cold War was World of Tanks, you'd have a bunch of hippies General Discussion scrubs demanding that we nerf arty thermonuclear weapons. This is despite the fact that arty thermonuclear weapons prevents camping and allows for a more aggressive game play experience. Finally, when the politicians developers finally decided to nerf it, everyone got bored with the game, unsubscribed and decided to play the 1990s Grunge expansion of Guitar Hero instead.

That is putting it mildly in some cases. 

There are some players who have been involved since the game's inception, trying to make the game better and help others have fun in it, and this one stupid act by Gaijin seems to have pushed them over the edge.

I'm betting the staff at WG are "Sensibly Chuckling " at what Gaijin has done. Between how they're nerfbatting U.S TD's, and chasing people out of their forums, they are basically chasing customers toward Wargaming's offerings.

It's amusing to think that the one thing that saves WoWP is Gaijin shooting itself in the foot, then expiring of the resultant customer exsanguination, because they were too stupid and stubborn to do anything about it.

They haven't and are unlikely to touch US TDs, all game forums are toxic especially on free to plays. Gaijin forums can be especially toxic since a lot of former WoT wehraboos go there because it's the only other tanks game.

WoWP is pretty much dead and will stay that way since it'll basically never beat War Thunder air combat.

More fun and "accuracy" from Gaijin-

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/242466-149822-wrong-armor-performance/

Ohh boy.

I saw you complain about freak bounces up thread yet that's the kind of shit that would happen all the time in WoT and still happens. In this instance, Gaijin has hilariously screwed up their overmatch (which sits at x10 instead of x2), yet their ballistic model is still more correct by a longshot than the incredibly simple one WoT uses.

I seriously must be playing a different game each time from everyone in both WoT and WTGF because the shit people complain about either doesn't phase me or just doesn't happen. I can't take complaints about invisirocks, or shots deflecting off a AAA truck, etc, seriously because that has never been my experience and I'd have to make an effort of it replicate it.