Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

WoT v WT effort-thread

Toxn

Alright guys, I want a Tier 8 (matchmaking) machine that is somewhere in between a medium and a light. The only real option appears to be the T-44, and I liked playing the T-44 way back when, so I was thinking I'd get it again.

However, I am pretty close to the T-54 Lwt, which I want to get too even though it's Tier 9 MM. So, which should I get first?

Since you're close the T-54 lightweight I presume you have the LTTB?

All the T-44 has over the LTTB is better gun depression (-7 vs -3), hit-points and front turret armour. In most other categories and especially mobility wise the LTTB is better for the same MM. Still it depends on how much you value gun depression, personally I find the WZ-131 more balanced and a lot people favor the Bulldog for its deadly auto-loader.

For what to get, the T-54 lightweight is a team battle/e-sports staple for a reason. The T-44 on the other-hand hasn't changed much after the LB-1 and 680 hp engine was added years ago back when there were only 3 tier 8 mediums and none of them had over 210mm of penetration.

Leu, I haven't bought the LTTB; I've got a stockpile of free exp.

I already own a Bulldog and RU 251. I do not and have no plans to play in competitions.

Word at WoTLabs is the LTTB's poor gun depression and high silhouette combine to make getting shots with the otherwise great gun very difficult. They also seem to do a lot of comparing tanks to the T-44, and several purps say they enjoy it. Given that there's not a whole lot else at that battle tier that is that well-rounded while having good speed, and that I'm prone to "scrubitis" with really excellent tanks, I am interested in the T-44.

If it's just a dog, though...

Yuri seal clubs a lot with the T67, from what he posts

T-44 is great at Tier 8, but struggles the moment it gets out of Tier 8 unless you're willing to use gold. It is severely power creeped by newer medium, though. The gun is its biggest failing, low DPM, low penetration, average damage, merely ok soft stats