Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Designer of The 6.8 SPC Rants About The 7mm Caliber

Sturgeon

He's right about that, though. I mean, I don't think you necessarily have to have shot a gun to pick up on the blatantly obvious fact that small arms have stagnated terribly and innovation is only attempted by retards who couldn't design a lightweight Platonic solid to save their lives, but yeah, you should probably get some trigger time before you decide to tell everybody what they need to do. :)

I don't think I've told people what they should design for me. Ffs, I've said multiple times that if I'm completely wrong, you guys should tell me. I've said I'm one of the least qualified of all people here, what else do you want me to say?

And if the two or one eyed people won't direct, it's up to the blind, isn't it?

Not trying to badger you about it, and I wasn't trying to say you were telling folks what to do. Rather, you'd like to be able to, right? Not that you need encouraging to get your paws on a few guns at the range.

If you bring me to a range and tell me to have at it, you have to tranquillise me to get me out of there at the end of the day.

If you bring me to a range and tell me to have at it, you have to tranquillise me to get me out of there at the end of the day.

I don't think I've told people what they should design for me. Ffs, I've said multiple times that if I'm completely wrong, you guys should tell me. I've said I'm one of the least qualified of all people here, what else do you want me to say?

And if the two or one eyed people won't direct, it's up to the blind, isn't it?

Just like your quote right there? B)

Well, I didn't really dare to say that, because I didn't want Alex on my ass saying blind men shouldn't criticise things they can't see nor own.

xi28cXY.jpg

Bronze. Are you able to use antique weapons or own them? Or how about black powder/replica black powder? I'm thinking of ways for you to get a starter experience with owning and shooting firearms.

I am, but I am only allowed to fire them at a range suited for a black powder weapon.

Which, unsurprisingly, is the range of the closest shooting club.

Also, we're getting slightly off-topic, but only slightly.

But, (slightly) back on topic, let's think about this here.

We need like a scale or something, call it the MRD scale or spectrum if you will (for "Military Reformist Demagogue" scale/spectrum), It could go like

Goddamn Irrational                                                                                                                            Fucking Lunatic

Tony Williams | Gary Roberts | Chris Murray | Pierre Sprey | BlackTailDefense (Alter ego) | Mike Sparks (Main Ego)

So we have a handy reference for more low key types, like "Jesus, he's going from Gary Roberts straight to goddamn Pierre Sprey any fucking moment at this rate!"

I can't decide if Tony Williams is worse then Gary Roberts though, that's a tough one, we must enter discussions to get our scale up and running for defensive purposes as soon as possible!

Note:  Even the great Simo Hayha’s feats had little influence on the outcome of the Winter War of 1939; Finland lost 11% of its territory and 30% of its economic assets to Russia.

...what.

Super secret cored projectiles are out of the question because they cost too much.p

Guess what, if you produce enough of a thing, that thing becomes dirt cheap. How does he think advances in technology happen?

Someone recently sent me a CD-ROM that included information on how to design cartridges, oh God! Now we have geeks with computers who think they can design better weapons and bullets.  Akin to the numerous home design programs out there: Now anybody with a mouse can be an architect or anyone with a calculator is a rocket scientist. So it should stand to reason (following the same line of flawed logic) that now anyone should be able to design a better cartridge?  I’m a soldier and a gun-guy who has a computer, not a guy with a computer who thinks he’s a soldier.

Dudes with computers and calculators make everything you use and wear, dumbass. Why did you think you were a grunt (or whatever the f*ck you were) and not a scientist? It's because you're stupid, that's why.

By this logic, your average daily commuter should be the best car designer ever!

But he's not.

This dude is supposed to help the firearms industry? Yeah... from the frying pan into the fire.

Moron.

If one believes the numbers, Simo took out - what - the equivalent of a battalion or more of soldiers. And while Finland was indeed on the losing side of the Winter War and World War 2, it is rather telling that it was the only country in the Axis who was conquered and occupied by the Soviets or Western Allies.

If one believes the numbers, Simo took out - what - the equivalent of a battalion or more of soldiers. And while Finland was indeed on the losing side of the Winter War and World War 2, it is rather telling that it was the only country in the Axis who was conquered and occupied by the Soviets or Western Allies.

Simo's influence on the course of the war wasn't that big anyway. Implying Finland lost their territory and assets because a certain sniper used the 'wrong' caliber bullet is retarded.

Simo's influence on the course of the war wasn't that big anyway. Implying Finland lost their territory and assets because a certain sniper used the 'wrong' caliber bullet is retarded.

Yeah, that's just patently insane. The point of a bullet is to undergo a high velocity debilitating impact with the enemy's warfighting ability. The number and quality of those impacts trumps is the end goal, killing guys with a bigger bullet isn't going to make them any deader.

Guess what, if you produce enough of a thing, that thing becomes dirt cheap. How does he think advances in technology happen?

Dudes with computers and calculators make everything you use and wear, dumbass. Why did you think you were a grunt (or whatever the f*ck you were) and not a scientist? It's because you're stupid, that's why.

By this logic, your average daily commuter should be the best car designer ever!

But he's not.

Now anybody with a mouse can be an architect or anyone with a calculator is a rocket scientist. So it should stand to reason (following the same line of flawed logic) that now anyone should be able to design a better cartridge? He's a soldier and a gun-guy who has a computer, not a ballistics expert or qualified cartridge designer.

I figured I should post this here as this is now the thread for it apparently.

Pierre Sprey is a batshit insane egomaniac Who's only "respected" because he basically takes a fuckload of credit for for the introduction of the F-16, even though the only thing he really did was bitch with the fighter mafia at the time about the need for a plane that fit the mission profile of it until it finally came to be, and had nothing to do with the Design, R&D or manufacturing processes which was done by, you know, actual experts far more qualified then himself.

So, you may be asking if you're unfamiliar with Reformist Demagogues, what makes him so special and high key? well, the fact he's rivals Blacktail at times with his retarded theories about what makes a weapon system better and massive cherry picking and twisting of facts, posting cop out bullshit for "reasoning", making comparisons of things that aren't even remotely similar, like, not even apples to oranges, apples to fucking new york strip steak for fucks sake, or just flat out making shit up that anyone can tell is a fucking lie would be a start, here's a short introduction about him trying to prove "cheap = ALWAYS better." if your sanity is still intact after this, there's far more out there.

http://pogoarchives.org/labyrinth/09/07.pdf

Remember children, that only Japan had destroyers and only the US had cruisers.

Also reminder that the torpedoes that blew up the Mikuma and Chokai were reliable, and apparently Japan's major wonder weapon effort of the war, the bleeding edge of torpedo technology, were in fact cheap winners.

Also the Stryker MGS is a Vietnam era self-propelled 175mm howitzer.

Finally, apparently tanks' armor is literally useless because it can be penetrated by some guns at some ranges.

He comes very close to new frontiers of ingenousness, but unfortunately the margin by which he missed is the syllable "dis" on the front.

Pierre Sprey is a batshit insane egomaniac Who's only "respected" because he basically takes a fuckload of credit for for the introduction of the F-16, even though the only thing he really did was bitch with the fighter mafia at the time about the need for a plane that fit the mission profile of it until it finally came to be, and had nothing to do with the R&D or manufacturing process which was done by, you know, actual experts far more qualified then himself.

So, you may be asking if you're unfamiliar with Reformist Demagogues, what makes him so special and high key? well, the fact he's rivals Blacktail at times with his retarded theories about what makes a weapon system better and massive cherry picking and twisting of facts, posting cop out bullshit for "reasoning", making comparisons of things that aren't even remotely similar, like, not even apples to oranges, apples to fucking ney work strip steak for fucks sake, or just flat out making shit up that anyone can tell is a fucking lie would be a start, here's a short introduction about him trying to prove "cheap = ALWAYS better." if your sanity is still intact after this, there's far more out there.

Ow wow that presentation. That dude is going places. Places, but not useful places.

Does anybody know when was the last him he was near a military weapon (system)?

I'm thinking of burning that presentation down sentence by sentence, but I have better things to do. Like picking my nose and flicking the booger in the general direction I expect Pierre Sprey to be. Muslims pray towards Mecca, I flick boogers towards Pierre Sprey.

Pierre Sprey is a batshit insane egomaniac Who's only "respected" because he basically takes a fuckload of credit for for the introduction of the F-16, even though the only thing he really did was bitch with the fighter mafia at the time about the need for a plane that fit the mission profile of it until it finally came to be, and had nothing to do with the R&D or manufacturing process which was done by, you know, actual experts far more qualified then himself.

So, you may be asking if you're unfamiliar with Reformist Demagogues, what makes him so special and high key? well, the fact he's rivals Blacktail at times with his retarded theories about what makes a weapon system better and massive cherry picking and twisting of facts, posting cop out bullshit for "reasoning", making comparisons of things that aren't even remotely similar, like, not even apples to oranges, apples to fucking ney work strip steak for fucks sake, or just flat out making shit up that anyone can tell is a fucking lie would be a start, here's a short introduction about him trying to prove "cheap = ALWAYS better." if your sanity is still intact after this, there's far more out there.

The first bits read like a bad internet forum post, but it gets weird. How is a self-propelled artilllery piece comparable to a static one? Then it lurches into insanity with the M48A5 vs. Abrams. I can't believe an adult made this.

So, you may be asking if you're unfamiliar with Reformist Demagogues, what makes him so special and high key? well, the fact he's rivals Blacktail at times with his retarded theories about what makes a weapon system better and massive cherry picking and twisting of facts, posting cop out bullshit for "reasoning", making comparisons of things that aren't even remotely similar, like, not even apples to oranges, apples to fucking new york strip steak for fucks sake, or just flat out making shit up that anyone can tell is a fucking lie would be a start, here's a short introduction about him trying to prove "cheap = ALWAYS better." if your sanity is still intact after this, there's far more out there.

I'd forgotten about this. Shame that half of his examples are self-refuting (P-51 vs. P-38 lol). The last four pages make a bit of sense, at least

We discussed this a bit on teamspeak.  Military reformists went from Boyd's theory of specific excess power, which is a simplistic but still fairly sophisticated description of fighter maneuverability, to complete nonsense like saying that wing loading is the only important factor in fighter maneuverability.

Which is why the Mirage 3 can stomp an F-16 in DACT.  Oh wait, no, that's completely backwards.  It turns out that things like parasite drag, wingtip vortex losses, non-linear lift interactions and static margin matter.  It's almost like fluid dynamics is complicated, and simplifying your mathematical models of complicated phenomena will make them correspond less to reality.

But if influence and fame and a spot on CNN is what you crave, you can't get it by taking something like specific excess power on the road.  You've got to dumb down your message so that the filthy ignorant dirt peasants who watch that crap will understand.

So you simplify your original concepts to the point of meaninglessness.  Computer simulations useless for design tradeoffs?  How does this cretin think gas turbine engines are designed?  Oh, that's right; this is the same person who said that increasing turbine inlet temperatures just makes engines more expensive and doesn't improve their performance.  Screw thermodynamics! What has thermodynamics ever done for us?

Which is the final point of the descent of the military reformists; when all else fails, just lie.  How many absurd howlers are there in that presentation?  The M1 can't depress its machine guns?  They're coaxial, same as the M48!  The A-10 has a 30mm cannon, but the F-15E is only capable of carrying four maverick missiles?  M48 and M1 have the same battlesight accuracy?  Maybe in terms of mechanical dispersion, but "battlesight accuracy" means firing without the use of rangefinders, and the much greater MV of M829 would be very telling.  M1 more flammable than M48?  Jet fuel is substantially less flammable than gasoline, because it's very nearly the same thing as diesel.