Sturgeon's House
Belesarius

Bash the F-35 thred.

On May 19, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Ramlaen said:

I love their arguments in the comments cess pit where somehow because the Russians have a new anti-air missile/radar suite that may be able to sometimes track stealth airplanes that suddenly stealth is obsolete and we should go back to F-18s because of reasons and somehow those 1970s-80s legacy jets will be better suited to deal with the Russkies new radar systems.

A member of UK government has hinted that the UK may order some F-35As

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/government-suggest-change-uk-f-35-variant-order-first-48-f-35bs/

Splitting the fleet among RAF and RN (with RAF in A and RN in B) would make sense, although I can't see it saving any money unless the order gets increased

9 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

David Berke is a pretty damn impressive pilot and Marine.  Isn't Sprey the sparky of aviation?

Sprey is slightly more respectable than Sparky, but yes.

It's hard to pick a favorite in that PDF, but one of the standouts has to be where he compares a 105mm field howitzer to a 175mm SPG, and then mucks it up even worse by using a picture of the Stryker MGS instead of the M107.

I finally watched that Sprey V Super Marine Pilot, and my god, he comes off as a senile old retard, who keeps repeating the same things! And man does he tear sprey a new asshole. 

It's like he thinks modern air combat is going to be like 1950s air combat with F-86s dogfighting migs...