Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Iran commits crimes against AFV decency

Better than that Iranian "Stealth fighter"

Apparently the vehicle is named after Hasan Aghareb Parast, an Iranian Major General of Iran's 92nd Armored Division and was killed in the Iraq-Iran War. I wasn't aware of non-American vehicles being named after generals. 

I'm pretty sure it's not an M47 turret.  I suspect they took the spare 90mm gun left over from their Sabalan upgrade program and put it in some sort of turret.  All those welding seams and the weird design of the cupola make me think this is perhaps something the Iranians made themselves.

The turret itself is, but I think they chopped the gun mount and gun off an M47 turret.

If that thing were a plastic model, I'd tell them they held the spray paint can too close when they painted it.  That's how you get those shiny spots.  

When I was a kid my friend and I would take all the model kits we didnt care about and rebuild them into all sorts of weird vehicles.  Then, we would take them into the woods and blow them up with bottle rockets.  It was good fun.  This Iranian thing reminds of me of the crap we used to create, although we typically did a little better with the paint job.

That definitely started out as the front of an M47 turret with the gun mount and mantlet. Looks like they gave it a smaller turret ring to fit it onto that abomination. I guess Iran doesn't have too many M36 Jacksons left at this point and tried creating their own version of the M36's turret.