Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Scale Models Megathread

EnsignExpendable

I wouldn't recomend the M26 kit to someone new to building tank models, but I got more pleasure building it, than frustration from the fit issues. 

If I recall right, and of course, photobucket ate these, but I may have the originals... the gun fit was loose enough it always pointed down, there were some easy fixes for this, all pretty minor. 

The was, the hull had inserts, that acted as a hull reinforcement and engine compartment detail, and one was warped, so getting the suspension was a bit of a pain. The detail was very good, and it came with complete powerpack and a bit of photoetch to spruce the engine compartment up.  

100_2961-1600x1200.jpg

You can see how I solved it, if i had to do it again I would heat it up and just bend it back true before gluing... 

100_2970-1600x1200.jpg

This has the Shell on the right is the Hobbyboss, the left is the terrible old dragon kit, and the middle is the very nice, but low detail Tamiya M26.  That was probably the best looking tank kit I ever built. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Nice. 

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Classy.....Love your use of filters & pigments, panzergrau's a bastard to make interesting, but you've done a fine job there. 

Agreed save that goddamn headlamp. What a distraction. Sad modelmakers have not figured it out yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 10:15 PM, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

There is a 1/72 USS Enterprise in the Air and Space museum. 

A friend of mine took these while there a few years ago.  Seems like a million damn years though. 

DSCN0160-e1508728206699-1200x1600.jpg

DSCN0161-e1508728274702-1200x1600.jpg

DSCN0162-1600x1200.jpg

DSCN0163-1600x1200.jpg

DSCN0164-1600x1200.jpg

DSCN0165-1600x1200.jpg

Somewhere I have the FSM article on this masterpiece.

It is amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...