Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Scale Models Megathread

EnsignExpendable

12 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/expo/club-tm-2019-part-2/?g2_page=10

Compared to many other "alternative" designs, this is not terrible. Probably because it is based on Object 195, 299 and 148, hehe. Nice details, BTW.

6WO7b.jpg

Hide contents

PhrOS.jpg

eWqHw.jpg

oCZAE.jpg

hHxsO.jpg

What scale is that in? It looks huge..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before I put mu collection on Ebay, is there any subject someone is looking for?

Most of my stuff is weird Japanese market military aircraft, and some WW2 era "solid" models.

A few bits of armor.

Also, I have a lot of "bitsa" I may be offering. Some of the tins of Humbrol may still be good as well as the wonderful Testors "metallizer" finishes.

The airbrushes are on hold, I may have a relative interested, but otherwise it's a few Paasche DA's, a Passche SA, a Badger DA, a Badger SA "touchup", and a Japanese "Mr Hobby" DA.

Will try and take pictures, but it's a LOT of stuff.  Also much Evergreen, K-E brass/aluminum tube, and innumerable bits/greebles.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sold off much of the postwar Japanese stuff.  Actually got a bit for the Hasegawa  Blue Impulse collection.  (kind of wish I'd built them, as the Hasegawa 1/48 Sabre is amazing)

The armor, not so much. Japanese armor is a hard sell.  Likely sold a lot of that at a loss.  Held onto to superb (the name escapes me)  1/32 model of a IJN basic trainer, simply because it came with brass tubing and copper rod to replicate parts of it's structure, and the aircraft itself is simply beautiful. ("Akatombo?"). An Arai kit?

Moving into a more spacious house might let me get back into modelbuilding.  Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Meplat said:

Sold off much of the postwar Japanese stuff.  Actually got a bit for the Hasegawa  Blue Impulse collection.  (kind of wish I'd built them, as the Hasegawa 1/48 Sabre is amazing)

The armor, not so much. Japanese armor is a hard sell.  Likely sold a lot of that at a loss.  Held onto to superb (the name escapes me)  1/32 model of a IJN basic trainer, simply because it came with brass tubing and copper rod to replicate parts of it's structure, and the aircraft itself is simply beautiful. ("Akatombo?"). An Arai kit?

Moving into a more spacious house might let me get back into modelbuilding.  Looking forward to it.

I sent all my stuff to @EnsignExpendable and he built them all. 

Getting back into it tempting. Tamiya has an amazing line of 1/32 planes and there are a few other companies doing that scale. I've always loved big scale models. 

• 6 months later...

These are my lovely babies, they're not finished all, because they need to get painted, but I don't have an air brush so i must go for normal painting, maybe some of you have good tips for me, to get the models well painted without an air brush :rolleyes: The Meng Merkava Mk. IV with Trophy APS has Friulmodel tracks and the Zvezda T-90 get them too in the next months, the other two models are Tamiya ones :P  My Smartphone hates me, so you must go on the Imgur link, i'm sorry :mellow:

https://imgur.com/gallery/z85GYiW

uCBjPMG.jpeg

Nice thing about tanks, is you don't need an airbrush, and the weathering can be used to hide brush strokes in the paint. 

My best tip for brush painting, get good brushes, not cheap hobby-store stuff, go to an art-store, buy good brushes an actual painter would use. 

Tanks are big, rusty, beat up hunks of steel, so they should look a little sloppy. 

• 3 months later...

This is probably sacrilegious, but this is the best place on the forum that I know where to post these. I've been playing around with a new 3D printer I have and craft art paints from Wal-mart (along with a black wash I've happened to have laying around for a few years). For less than $10 in material for a tank, this is what you could get (All tanks are at 1/50th scale).

vTtuhnP.jpg

eIpcEnR.jpgrX1v83n.jpgnyX8bKX.jpg