Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

5 minutes ago, Collimatrix said:

What's the cross-section like on Object 260?  Did they come to their senses and realize that in order for a tank to work, it needs space inside of it for the crew?

The IS-7's ergonomics got rave reviews from the testers, especially with the good autoloader. Anyway, here's the cross section of the 1946 and 1948 model:

jiDgJxc.png

QHjiMVb.png

13 hours ago, That_Baka said:

Wait, what? What the point? 

Price of new Sprut is almost same as new T-90 IIRC. Also, it appears that VDV don't plan to airdrop their tanks/TDs anyway, so T-72 with it's much better armor and better price than Sprut-SD looks logical for them, i guess.

1 minute ago, LoooSeR said:

Price of new Sprut is almost same as new T-90 IIRC. Also, it appears that VDV don't plan to airdrop their tanks/TDs anyway, so T-72 with it's much better armor and better price than Sprut-SD looks logical for them, i guess.

I mean its understandable and VDV is glorified beefed up mech infantry anyway but that not even trying.

If you've got the BMD-4, the Sprut, and now an MBT of some type, I suppose you can cut out the middle, especially if airdropping is not in the playbook.

I recall Ukraine gave some of their airborne troops tanks.  It was probably because they too were just being used as mechanized infantry.  I know it's been brought up here before, but I can't find anything at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Scolopax said:

If you've got the BMD-4, the Sprut, and now an MBT of some type, I suppose you can cut out the middle, especially if airdropping is not in the playbook.

I recall Ukraine gave some of their airborne troops tanks.  It was probably because they too were just being used as mechanized infantry.  I know it's been brought up here before, but I can't find anything at the moment.

SPeaking about aidropping - BMD-4 already have pretty serious HE firepower, ATGM (Kornet/Konkurs/etc) and GL-ATGMs of the BMD-4s can deal with vast majority of targets in places where VDV is supposed to be used. 

UAF VDV got T-80BVs.

BMG - Boveaya Mashina dlya Gol'fa, Battle Vehicle for Golf, a Russian counter for US Tactical Golfcarts. Armed with GShG, 3 angry SSO Oprichniks in heavy armor (especailly driver with Dagestan-sized shoulderpads), 1 GoPro, AKS-74U with original wooden handguard and tactical canvas.

OouR5gy.jpg