Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

3 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

I thought the humongous dong above the gun was the radar...

This is FCS radar, not APS AFAIK.

3 minutes ago, Karamazov said:

i think yes. because we don't see it on the other prototype 

/.../

maybe it's part of APS, like this

There were talks that Object 195 was supposed to have FCS with radar channel and device on turret above main gun is likely to be radar station for FCS.

5 minutes ago, Karamazov said:

I found out. This gunner's sight 

tim0WOBYI_g.jpg
you asked about it?

Yeah, i was thinking that it is gunner sight, but 30 mm autocannon muzzle brake being rather close to it made me doubt. IDK how much 30 mm fire in full-auto influence quality of picture.

13 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Yeah, i was thinking that it is gunner sight, but 30 mm autocannon muzzle brake being rather close to it made me doubt. IDK how much 30 mm fire in full-auto influence quality of picture.

autocannon flipped like a Ka-50/52 front gun. as long as I remember, there were talks about it on Otvaga
w00mTAG-Faw.jpg

M1Go-iEh4UM.jpg

13 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

IDK how much 30 mm fire in full-auto influence quality of picture.

maybe like Merkava 4 gunner sight after shooting. Video from vk user. He is gunner or loader on Merkava 4. Here you can clearly see how it degrades the quality
https://vk.com/videos150520155?section=uploaded&z=video150520155_166234434%2Fpl_150520155_-1

11 hours ago, Karamazov said:

maybe like Merkava 4 gunner sight after shooting. Video from vk user. He is gunner or loader on Merkava 4. Here you can clearly see how it degrades the quality
https://vk.com/videos150520155?section=uploaded&z=video150520155_166234434%2Fpl_150520155_-1

I've seen quite a few firing sessions of the Merkava 4, and I don't think I've ever seen the heat waves disrupting the footage so much. Must have been a very cold night.

2 hours ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

I've seen quite a few firing sessions of the Merkava 4, and I don't think I've ever seen the heat waves disrupting the footage so much. Must have been a very cold night.

Maybe. T-90A has any waves too. Not so much, but it's probably air temperature as you said. 

@LoooSeR

a small wish from me 

do you have perhaps some not very well known pics of the Object 1200 8x8? not the kind you find when asking  uncle google

(i am going throuh a lot of russian pdf books, but no pics there)

this is from my book Sowjetisch-Russische Panzer 1905-2003 by A.W.Karpenko in german

Spoiler

IbI4auf.jpg