Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Myanmar hosted a military parade in honor of the 72nd anniversary of the creation of the Armed Forces. Assault forces of the ground forces was represented by T-72B tanks, Soviet-made. According to SIPRI, 14 T-72B tanks were delivered to Myanmar from Ukraine in 2002. According to other sources, there can be up to 100 T-72 tanks in the Armed Forces of Myanmar.

tank.jpg

4ba824ba-83b8-4c90-9668-f144f9bbca19.jpg

It's even more half-assed than putting the Kontakt-5 ERA at the frontal turret. Huge gap at the smoke grenade dischargers, which is absolutely unnecessary, as seen on the other turret side where it was eliminated (together with the dischargers...).

18 minutes ago, SH_MM said:

It's even more half-assed than putting the Kontakt-5 ERA at the frontal turret. Huge gap at the smoke grenade dischargers, which is absolutely unnecessary, as seen on the other turret side where it was eliminated (together with the dischargers...).

RuMoD got what it ordered. UVZ offered a better version than this, with commander panoramic sight, Relikt ERA frontal modules and so on. In fact, T-72B2 with couple changed in FCS, autoloader and armor layout would have been much better vehicle than B3 and this uparmored version. But i guess our MoD department that work on requirements is full of... very strange personalities. 

I want to say it is just one.  The first image being when the turret landed, and the second after it had been moved (evident by the dirt mounded up on it, gun barrel blocked up).  I assume some stuff was removed/broken off while moving (storage bins, ERA blocks), but there are a few details that match, such as a 'curved' mark with coloration closer towards the base of the gun barrel and the hatch position.  Also going to hypothesize that they didn't move it immediately given the rusting of the metal.

I can analyze things too much if I want.