Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

6 minutes ago, heretic88 said:

Not bad, but I still think the unmanned turret of BMP-3 Dragun is way better. Im especially skeptical about the usefulness of the 57mm low pressure gun.

Not only usefulness, but amount of weapons with interlaping roles - 2 types of ATGMs against vehicles and small caliber ATGM is supposed to be used against thin armor targets (like APCs and IFVs) that could be "servised" by autocannon.  On top of that 57 mm ammunition for this low-pressuse gun is different from 57 mm caliber rounds for Derivatsiya and Baikal turret.

54 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

Not only usefulness, but amount of weapons with interlaping roles - 2 types of ATGMs against vehicles and small caliber ATGM is supposed to be used against thin armor targets (like APCs and IFVs) that could be "servised" by autocannon.  On top of that 57 mm ammunition for this low-pressuse gun is different from 57 mm caliber rounds for Derivatsiya and Baikal turret.

Exactly. And that is why the original armament is so great.

Btw, what do you think, would it be possible to upgrade the 2A72 mechanism to allow it fire more powerful AP ammunition? As I heard, the best it can fire is APDS (3UBR8). 

The military robotic complex "Uran-9" was adopted by the Russian army, said the general director of the Kalashnikov concern Vladimir Dmitriev.

He noted that the production of the first batch is suitable for completion. “Uran” is a good scientific and technical base for further products, Dmitriev said in an interview with RIA Novosti and Kommersant.

https://news.mail.ru/politics/36078543/?frommail=1

33 minutes ago, AssaultPlazma said:

First guy has a different hat from the rest. Second guys beret looks like it's about to fall off LOL! These guys look like a bunch of students on a field trip lol. What country is this

edit: Nvm these are ruskies 

They don't just look like a bunch of students, as many of them are.

19 minutes ago, Serge said:

Walking towards democracy. 

Would prefer to walk towards re-industrialisation 

My photos from parade of AFVs. Several were edited, and also number of them have problems with "horizon", thanks to crowd and no space to move around. Oh, one more thing - this is all original content do not steal. Thats why i put my easy-to-edit-out discord nickname on them.

:ian:

Main action was happening on Dvortsovaya square/Palace square where access was blocked for mortals and only profession photographers from big medias could get in so a lot of vics were photographed during exit from square. 

OGnZXRr.jpg

Spoiler

3Lj71Hq.jpg

eJCiXtY.jpg

yJ7DOHi.jpg

6URIJvR.jpg

CiXRSFY.jpg

5zwBrLR.jpg

SMQ0GAl.jpg

W46Go0S.jpg

KTCDdnb.jpg

vvKPaXs.jpg