Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

From circus:

p4Egu.jpg

84 km/h speed record (Russian team)

Also people on otvaga spotted that Russian team tanks have.... automated shutters, kek.

q1RFe.jpg

Spoiler

2342525_1000.png

T-72B3 with 840 hp was pushed to 75 km/h by Kazakhstan team

os6Wg.jpg

International Defense Review magazine have pubished a review of Victor Suvorov (Rezun)'s book "Inside the Soviet Army" in 1983-02 issue. Back in June during my visit at RSL library I decided to skip it, but Suvorov's illustrated two-page reply to that review caught my attention, so I've made photos of it instead:
2Gr9DFx.jpg

LZzoqBw.jpg

separately photographed illustrations:

Spoiler

ZXglaTS.jpg

QhPvisY.jpg

mi27ou4.jpg

agVfvnm.jpg

FFhl4JW.jpg

On 8/20/2019 at 4:57 PM, skylancer-3441 said:

International Defense Review magazine have pubished a review of Victor Suvorov (Rezun)'s book "Inside the Soviet Army" in 1983-02 issue. Back in June during my visit at RSL library I decided to skip it, but Suvorov's illustrated two-page reply to that review caught my attention, so I've made photos of it instead:
2Gr9DFx.jpg

LZzoqBw.jpg

separately photographed illustrations:

Reveal hidden contents

ZXglaTS.jpg

QhPvisY.jpg

mi27ou4.jpg

agVfvnm.jpg

FFhl4JW.jpg

The response from Suvorov to his critics in IDR is important for a variety of reasons...not least of which is that he provides his own drawing of the “IT-130” assault gun/tank destroyer. Unlike the now well-known SU-122-54 labeled as the “IT-122” by Suvorov, the mysterious “IT-130” hasn’t been confirmed...in fact, AFAIK, the only references made to the “IT-130” relate directly back to Suvorov. Also, don’t let the “IT-130” designation sway your opinion regarding its existence...we know the “IT-122” (SU-122-54) actually did exist. It’s likely that at some point in Suvorov’s military history he heard this new secretive assault gun/tank destroyer (maybe both 122mm and 130mm vehicles), described using “IT;” we know about the real-world IT-1 after all. For me, the challenge with Suvorov is one of scale and exaggeration...it’s pretty clear at this point that every Soviet Army MRR inside the Soviet Union actually didn’t have a battery of these new assault guns/tank destroyers...but some did. The units that I've confirmed are as follows: 24th Motorized Infantry Division, 128th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, 55th Guards Motorized Rifle Division/30th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, and 66th Guards Motorized Rifle Division...all had batteries of SU-122-54s.  

For the last several years, most of Suvorov’s critics confidently disregard the reported existence of the “IT-130.” Maybe it was a fabrication...but for me, I’m not quite ready to jump on that band-wagon. Maybe, just maybe, there’s a few of these things hidden away in some storage facility somewhere. Time will tell...

3 hours ago, Jim Warford said:

The response from Suvorov to his critics in IDR is important for a variety of reasons...not least of which is that he provides his own drawing of the “IT-130” assault gun/tank destroyer. Unlike the now well-known SU-122-54 labeled as the “IT-122” by Suvorov, the mysterious “IT-130” hasn’t been confirmed...in fact, AFAIK, the only references made to the “IT-130” relate directly back to Suvorov. Also, don’t let the “IT-130” designation sway your opinion regarding its existence...we know the “IT-122” (SU-122-54) actually did exist. It’s likely that at some point in Suvorov’s military history he heard this new secretive assault gun/tank destroyer (maybe both 122mm and 130mm vehicles), described using “IT;” we know about the real-world IT-1 after all.

For the last several years, most of Suvorov’s critics confidently disregard the reported existence of the “IT-130.” Maybe it was a fabrication...but for me, I’m not quite ready to jump on that band-wagon. Maybe, just maybe, there’s a few of these things hidden away in some storage facility somewhere. Time will tell...

1)How we know about Objects 299/2,490/477 and T-74 not the mention assault guns on T-10 chassis alongside Object 152 .There is no place for T-54 chassis assault gun with 130mm gun.

2)IT index is exclusive to IT-1 all TD and Assault guns used Su index in documentation

3) In russian historical community Suvorov known as hack and troll since by his cuckoo cloudland logic USSR and USA(same traits ie:Self-loading rifles,Fast tanks et cetera) is responsible for WW2

7 hours ago, That_Baka said:

1)How we know about Objects 299/2,490/477 and T-74 not the mention assault guns on T-10 chassis alongside Object 152 .There is no place for T-54 chassis assault gun with 130mm gun.

2)IT index is exclusive to IT-1 all TD and Assault guns used Su index in documentation

3) In russian historical community Suvorov known as hack and troll since by his cuckoo cloudland logic USSR and USA(same traits ie:Self-loading rifles,Fast tanks et cetera) is responsible for WW2

That_Baka: I disagree...Suvorov's T-62-based "IT-130" could have been planned and then cancelled by the Soviet anti-gun, pro-missile mafia, or it could have been built in very small numbers and then hidden away. IMO, the reason that the West eventually got the word on the IT-1 was because it was a modern missile system that the Soviets were happy with, and showed-off...at least initially. Just because the IT-1 is the only known vehicle to use the "IT" designation, doesn't mean it wasn't used secretly or very early in the life of other vehicles. The pattern of medium tank-based assault guns/tank destroyers supporting medium tank equipped MRRs was well established and could have continued (at one level or another), up to T-62 equipped MRRs. In any case, the planned role for these post-war assault guns/tank destroyers was a significant one...it just didn't turn out as planned. Finally, as far as the value of the info provided by Suvorov is concerned...some critics claim that he simply told his new US/NATO buddies what he thought they wanted to hear (mostly fabrications). On the other hand, it only makes sense that the Soviets would label him as a "hack" and his info as bogus...to do otherwise would be to validate the truth and importance of what Suvorov provided to their potential enemies.                    

9 minutes ago, Jim Warford said:

That_Baka: I disagree...Suvorov's T-62-based "IT-130" could have been planned and then cancelled by the Soviet anti-gun, pro-missile mafia, or it could have been built in very small numbers and then hidden away. IMO, the reason that the West eventually got the word on the IT-1 was because it was a modern missile system that the Soviets were happy with, and showed-off...at least initially. Just because the IT-1 is the only known vehicle to use the "IT" designation, doesn't mean it wasn't used secretly or very early in the life of other vehicles. The pattern of medium tank-based assault guns/tank destroyers supporting medium tank equipped MRRs was well established and could have continued (at one level or another), up to T-62 equipped MRRs. In any case, the planned role for these post-war assault guns/tank destroyers was a significant one...it just didn't turn out as planned. Finally, as far as the value of the info provided by Suvorov is concerned...some critics claim that he simply told his new US/NATO buddies what he thought they wanted to hear (mostly fabrications). On the other hand, it only makes sense that the Soviets would label him as a "hack" and his info as bogus...to do otherwise would be to validate the truth and importance of what Suvorov provided to their potential enemies.                    

I am refering to his Aquarium and Icebreaker books.Where he asserted that rifle cartrige self-loading rifles are instrument of aggression as is fast tanks