Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2 hours ago, alanch90 said:

Hello, i need help: what is this thing?

5332877.jpg

I can't say that I had seen this before. Of course, while looking it up, I then see that LoooSer had posted this here before several years ago (and I doubt you went back in this thread and saw it). He called it the Obzhimka, and it is an apparent mating of the experimental Object 934 hull and a turret similar in shape and armament to the 2S31 that would come later.  Here is a Livejournal post by user raigap that talks about it briefly.  Not sure if it is 100% factual.

While I was searching for this thing, I realized that the Obj. 934 had several other variants that I was unaware of.  Here are another two; the first testing a 152mm cannon and the second sporting more of a "BMPT" armament with autocannons and missiles(?).

jQz0iOx.jpg

4pS0DNpbryE.jpg

42 minutes ago, alanch90 said:

Yeah i recognized the hull but what got me curious was the gun, i can´t identify it.

From the link to LJ post

120-mm rifled universal gun LP-77. Actually, it was not accepted into service, but it was the forerunner of the 120-mm 2A80, which is placed on the Vena self-propelled guns