Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Is it true the T-72BU was renamed to the T-90 in order to distance itself from the bad rap T-72s got after Desert Storm?

Checked this forum as i remember i posted about that in past.

T-72BU wasn't IIRC an official designation of any vehicle. Usovershenstvovanniy (Improved) T-72B was popping up in documents about Object 188. Object 188 designation at first was T-88 and Object 187 - T-90, even before 1990. So T-90 name existed before Desert Storm. Object 187 development was discontinued because of budget reasons AFAIK, Object 188 received T-90 designation from Object 187.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:00 AM, LoooSeR said:

Looks like this is for 57 mm gun.

uBYhpKm.jpg

180 rounds  63 AP rounds and 117 HE-frags. Burst can be 3 rounds max (leight of loading sleeve allows for 3 rounds max)

I don´t know, the Kinzhal is stated to have a capacity for 80 rounds and a stable 80 round per minute RoF.

State tests of the armored car "Athlete" will begin in the spring.

MOSCOW, December 4. / TASS /. The armored car "Athlete", developed in the "Military-Industrial Company", is due to plan to go to state tests in the spring of 2020. This was reported by TASS on Wednesday in the press service of the company. The second vehicle in November - December will be tested for ballistic protection and resistance to mines, the company said.

In August, the general director of the Military-Industrial Company Alexander Krasovitsky told TASS that the Athlete would undergo preliminary tests at the NIIITs of automotive equipment (Bronnitsy), NIIITS of armored vehicles (Kubinka) of the Russian Ministry of Defense and the NAMI Automotive Testing Center (Dmitrovsky district of the Moscow region).

The prototype armored vehicles "Athlete" are involved in the tests in the variants of a three-door special-purpose vehicle (ASN) and in a five-door multi-purpose version (AMN-2).

"Atlet" family of vehicles.
   The new generation of armored vehicles "Athlete" was developed by the "Military-Industrial Company" by order of the Ministry of Defense of Russia as part of the development work of the same name. For the first time, the Athlete was presented at the Army-2019 International Military-Technical Forum at the end of June.

The vehicles of the family have a 4x4 wheel formula and are intended for the transportation of personnel and military cargoes with the required level of protection, towing trailers, mounting weapons, military and special equipment.

Equipped with anti-trauma [shock absorbing] seats for all crew members and air conditioning as standard. The ballistic protection level of armored vehicles in the basic configuration corresponds to level 2 according to general technical requirements.

The main differences between the new machine and the Tiger armored car manufactured by the military industrial complex are its payload capacity increased to 1600 kg, mine resistance three times higher compared to the Tiger armored car, a more powerful Russian-made diesel engine YaMZ-5347-24 with a maximum power of 240 hp.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/7258861

Some of Atlet stats:

WadXqVv.jpg