Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

T-90S with Shtora in use by Azerbaijan.

7037063.jpg

Also, 

http://zakupki.gov.ru/epz/order/notice/ea44/view/common-info.html?regNumber=0173100004515001489

Our MoD what to buy a single T-90S for 103 187 209 rubles and 19 kopecks, including taxes and 307 439 rubles for delivery (+ taxes). Tank have interesting equipment with cage armor and 6 ERA modules per side + Shtora. TB 2015 prize? Last year an Armenian crew got a certificate for T-90 tank.

T-80BV skirts from inside. As i understand those plates are they because of ERA on external part of rubber skirts.

OSNX8Y5JtrY.jpg

If there are two things a ural driver hates in this world, it is Armored Officers and T-80 crews  :D

drinks fuel like vodka 

Today (28.07.15) Kuwait team "delivered" (again). During preparation for this year Tank Biathlon managed to accelerate their T-72 to ~70 km/h and during turn tank made 2 "barrel rolls". Everybody is alive, tank is almost undamaged.

FZHZnf9.jpg TqCFLhQ.jpg

To respond to your comment there, the reason for driving backwards, from what all I've seen, is so that when a shot is taken and the tank's location is revealed, the tank driver can make a faster getaway.  The second part of that plan obviously didn't happen in the video, but I'm not sure if I would say it was due to miscommunication/lack of skill, or rather the tank crew didn't expected to receive retaliatory fire.

Another interesting video since we're on the topic and since it... has a Russian AFV weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rIUDxRdpoaE

heh, I was the one that originally posted those pictures.  They come from a rather obscure book I have called T-54 Modelers handbook.  I remember when I was a kid, Egypt sent a T-55 to Teledyne so they could upgrade it.  Funny thing, no one bothered to de-mil the thing.  The truck driver hauling the thing got pulled over and asked by a cop why the thing still had machine guns on it.  It was a bit of a publicity snafu.  I remember by dad talking about it at the dinner table, it was in the local media.  Wikipedia says that a bunch of these Ramses II tanks got manufactured, but that is incorrect.  The Getty Street plant never produced any 900 HP engines in the time period these vehicles were supposedly produced.  Also, i have found zero photographic evidence of the Ramses II ever getting beyond prototype stage.  From what my dad has told me, the Ramses II was mostly an excuse for Egyptian Generals to get a free trip to the US as "business."